Live Radio metadata intermittently not displayed on ‘now playing’ screen iPhone

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC8i5BEH running latest versions of ROCK & Roon

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All wired via Netgear GS108 switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Klimax DS via ethernet

Description Of Issue

When a station with metadata starts, the track played is shown at the bottom of the screen. However, when I then expand that, approx. four times out of five the information is no longer there. I can swap between the screens and it’s consistent. I’ve tried several stations, including Radio Paradise and Scala, with the same result. I’ve also rebooted the iPhone and uninstalled/reinstalled Roon Remote.
The issue only occurs on my iPhone 11 running iOS 14.4. My iPad Pro 10.5” is fine.
Please see pictures:-

Yeah! Got the same issue @noris

iPhone Xs iOS 14.4.

1 Like

Thank goodness it’s not just me! I did search for the issue before posting but couldn’t find anything.
Thanks for tagging Noris.

Michael

1 Like

@support? (10 chars)

Hey @Michael_Curtis,

Thanks for following up on your request and sorry about the trouble. I’ve just notified our technicians about this - you should hear back from one of them on this email thread.

Thanks @jmvdv for chiming in and sharing you’re experiencing a similar behavior.

I appreciate your patience so far :pray:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

not fixed in B795 :frowning:

Strangely enough, it’s been ok for me today for the ninety minutes I’ve been listening to Radio Paradise, the first time I’ve tried since installing 795, although doubtless as soon as I post this it’ll go wrong again!

Michael

EDIT: Ok, two hours in and it’s no longer displaying the info. Curses…

THe bug is only happening if Roon can’t find a match to the metadata string in terms of Artist / Track / Album. Then the “raw” string should be displayed… unfortunately note any more on mobile since 1.8.

When it happens here, the information is never again displayed on the ‘now playing’ screen until (at least) the Roon app is restarted. I can understand it not working when Roon can’t find the info from metadata, but would expect it to start working again with subsequent songs (ones with recognisable metadata).

Michael

1 Like

Bug is still here and worse now that auto recognition has been broken for some days —> Live Radio Metadata are not displayed anymore on Mobile :frowning: :frowning:

The issue has got worse for me on my iPhone 11. Whereas it was sometimes the case that metadata was missing ion the now playing screen, it’s now the case 100% of the time.
The data is there when ‘now playing’ is at the bottom of the screen, but missing on the ‘now playing’ screen.
It is a cause of some irritation now. I’m in the habit of leaving the radio playing with Roon Remote on the iPhone displaying ‘now playing’ and set to ‘keep screen awake’ so that if something of interest came on I could see track info at a glance. I can obviously no longer do that.

Michael

1 Like

Same thing on Android v 7.1.2 on LG V30 phone. Song info i.e. on Radio Paradise does not carry over to Now Playing screen.