Live Radio metadata links no longer working

I had the same problem with you and I was waiting for a fix. Before two weeks (or something …) the problem solved and works fine for me ! And still works after the latest Roon update build 831. I have also checked with the somaFm : Groove Salad. I live in Athens Greece and I m using Intel NUC as Roon Core. Works fine with Roon Core, my Laptop and my apple iphone 13pro

Well nothing in there since June so maybe a new thread would be useful… that’s ones sleeping!

1 Like

This is like buying a car with 4 wheels at the dealership. You like it and order it in your favorite color. When you finally come to pick it as the new owner, you realize it now only has 3 wheels.

When is Roon going to put back what was there already?

Soma FM and Groove Salad links along with Radio Paradise and everything else do not incorporate any live links back to my Library, Qobuz or Tidal. It has been broken for many months now and Roon seems to be totally indifferent to this.

Groove Salad and Radio Paradise links have been working fine again for me for some weeks now (I’m in the UK - no idea if that makes a difference) : -

Michael

It may, who knows? I’m in France and these links haven’t been working FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS. Pretty much incomprensible and zero help, assistance or explanation from the Roon gurus.

1 Like

Links from RP working really well in the UK this evening. Discovered some fantastic music which I’ve been able to add to my library via Qobuz.

You’re lucky. This feature hasn’t been working for maybe close to a year now. Totally given up. Gotta love the regression, the more time goes by and the more you pay, THE LESS YOU GET.

Can ROON officially confirm that we can never expect this feature again and explain why they REMOVED it in the first place? Thanks.

They haven’t REMOVED the feature as it still continues to work fine for me.
See this post:

Cool story bro. I’m still waiting. Does. Not. Work.

Well, not a station that I frequent, but I started it up and was able to navigate back to both artist and album. I know there’s been some discussion about functionality loss - but is it possible this is more nuanced than simple loss of functionality across the board? This screenshot is off my desktop client (Windows) but I can also navigate on my Android phone and iPad.

Edit: Based on the @John_Mason response below, I’ll add that I’m in the U.S. and have both Tidal and Qobuz working.

Same here (same station),also in the UK although I had to wait for 4 tracks before it matched.

If it works for you and me (I’m on Android and windows and Qobuz), it’s definitely not just the case of it not working across the board and there is clearly more to it, possibly related to tidal vs qobuz or even country. (I have also wondered if it might be a commercial problem rather than a technical one?)

Have any folk on this thread seen an improvement in recent days? For me, metadata links were sorted months ago when the folk at Roon did some work.
For quite some time now though, links have only been working very occasionally, but for the last 48 hours they’ve been really very good. I’ve tried several stations, but mostly Radio Paradise main and mellow mixes. Hopefully this isn’t just a (positive) glitch!

Michael

Imagine my dellight when finally meta data appeared when playing BBC Radio Three in Roon - it did not last long - what’s going on .? Metatadata still there from FIP playing in Roon. Answers? Please…

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.