Live Radio - not seeing genres

When I select Live Radio in 1.7 all I’m seeing are the station I’ve recently played, then Local Stations, then Popular Stations. How do I get to see the Genres selection that I’ve seen on screenshots?

If it makes any difference I’m based in the U.K.

Thanks

Tap/click on the Music category just below Local Stations

I don’t see any categories. Here’s what I see on the phone app - I see the same on my iPad and Mac.

How strange. This is my phone.

When in doubt, reboot everything. Done that?

Thanks, that’s what I was expecting to see.

Yes I’ve rebooted the Mac that Roon runs on. I guess the next thing to try is to reinstall Roon.

Ok. If that doesnt work, then this looks like a support issue and I’ll move thread.

I downloaded Roon and when I tried to drag it to the applications folder on my Mac I got a warning saying that the folder contained a newer version of Roon. I aborted the process at that point as I don’t want to possibly overwrite 1.7 with an earlier version given that 1.7 had made database changes.

Ok. Now moved thread and flagging @support

They’ll want to see your setup. Would help to post core, router, remote etc

Router is a bog standard one provided by the cable company Virgin.

Roon is running on a Mac and is the latest version, same for the iPhone and iPad apps.

I tried reinstalling Roon on the Mac but it’s exactly the same, no categories showing.

Hi @OneHandWaving,

Are you able to see this on different remotes? Can you share a screenshot of what you see on the Mac?

What is the device that you’re using?

I see the same information on all devices. I’m using a Mac Mini. Here’s a screenshot from the iPad, the Mac looks identical in terms of the information displayed.

The Mac Mini is running the latest version of Catalina.

Thanks, @OneHandWaving. Moving forward, here’s what I’m hoping you can do:

• Reboot your Core machine
  • Reboot your remote device
  • Navigate to the Live Radio page in Roon
  • Make a note of the time in your local timezone that you open the page and what remote you’re using

After this we’ll enable diagnostics and take a closer look.

Thanks!

Thanks.

Done that and went into the Live Radio page at around 10:30:15 on the Mac Mini and around 15 seconds later on the iPad. Everything still looks like the screenshot I posted earlier.

Thanks, @OneHandWaving,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Thanks. That won’t be before Friday I’m afraid. I’ll post a message here once I’ve used Roon again.

Hi I’ve now started Roon. I’m still having the same problem with Roon live radio - I’m only seeing recently played, local and popular stations.

If you require any more information please let me know.

I can now see categories, and the drop down language box now shows the languages - they didn’t show.

I can’t see all my local stations, but that doesn’t bother me.

Thank you b

Update. If I select a language I can see the categories. If I then reset the language the categories disappear.

Thanks for the update, @OneHandWaving — I’ve passed this info along to the team to investigate.