Live Radio stopped working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core on Macbook Pro Retina 13 (2018 Model, Core i7, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD)
Laptop is ethernet hardwired to the router
Roon Version 1.7 Build 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus DSL AC-68U
Stable connection with 16Mbps download speed. Roon Core is hardwired via ethernet to the Asus router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Headphone jack out to speakers

Description Of Issue
Following the latest update, internet radio stations disconnect within seconds. Sometimes internet radio plays for a minute or two but it then drops (message: Unable to play this station. Its address may hace changed … etc)

All radio stations are imported from Tunein. The same radio stations play without a problem via Tunein through safari.

@support, any help /support will be greatly appreciated

Hi @Yiannis_Kouropalatis,

Can you provide the URL to one of the stations you’re experiencing this issue with?

Is local playback and streaming via TIDAL/Qobuz working okay?

Are you able to play to any stations from the Live Radio Directory?

Hi Dylan and many thanks for the very quick response. Really appreciate it.

I think I have found the real culprit of the issue and it is a WiFi interference issue that developed in the past 48 hours. It appears that one of my zones is having intermittent struggles with WiFi at home. I have tweaked things a bit and the stability seems to be ok for the past 30 mins or so. If that is ok, I would like to experiment a bit with this to see if it resolves the problem. If things remain stable for the next day we should probably close this support call :slight_smile:

I will report back soon
Many thanks

Hi again Dylan

I think all is well now. It appears that the issue was related to home wifi interference with one of my zones. When I was trying to stream to a kitchen end point which suffered from wifi interference, I experienced the drop outs mentioned above. The strange thing is that the warning message (Unable to play this station, etc… ) did not indicate this problem. Either way, all seems to be well now, please feel free to close this support call.

Many thanks again

Hi @Yiannis_Kouropalatis,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.