Setup details:

• ROCK hardwired to switch
  • Windows 11 PC on WiFi
  • iPhone on WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos Play:1 on WiFi

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When playing Live Radio to the Sonos Play:1, the audio seems to drop out for about 0.5 to 3 seconds, once every minute or so. I have tried several different streams; it seems to happen with all of them.

If I play the same streams directly through the Sonos app on the same Sonos Play:1 device (no Roon involved), there are no dropouts.

I have confirmed for at least one such stream, I have configured the exact same custom URL (a DI.FM Premium channel) in both the Roon app and the Sonos app.

Is there any telemetry data that could be collected to help diagnose this?

Hey @John_Elsbree,

Thanks for your patience while we work through each thread. Following up on your issue here, does this only happen with live radio versus local files or streaming from Tidal/Qobuz?

Could you share a screenshot of your signal path while this issue is occurring? If you change the sample rate, do you still experience dropouts?

If possible, could you test hardwiring your sonos play1 directly to your router?

We’ll enable diagnostics on your account in the meantime and take a closer look at things :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.