Loading Roon without any artwork

Hi @Milan_Peyrac,

No, you won’t need to set anything up again. Once you’re done testing you can revert back by doing the same thing (Settings > General > Disconnect > Choose previous Core).

awesome, will test it this evening in come back to you shortly.

Appreciate all your support so far.

1 Like

Apologies for the delay, little baby joined our family :wink:

I have tested with multiple restarts and same settings (eg. 2048mb for photos/artwork) and can confirm that it is working perfectly and as expected with “using this PC”!

What do you need me to do next?

Hi @Milan_Peyrac,

Congratulations! That’s always exciting news :grinning:

Thanks for confirming this. Just to verify, since sometimes after restarts things will work in the other configuration, do things continue to work as expected after closing and opening Roon a few times?

Yes that is accurate, it has worked on 5-6 closes while windows is under a single restart and the same is true when restarting and opening… (4-5 times)

only images I am not seeing are for the different outputs now (only system output has an image)… before I had images for each output - everything else works fine.

check this out

Hi @dylan ,

Any update on this?

cheers,

3 posts were split to a new topic: Issue loading cover art images

Yes lad! RTX for the win.

RTX is a beast!

Nice!

My issue remains. @dylan can I have an update from you?

Hi @Milan_Peyrac,

Apologies for the delay on this one! I met with the team to discuss this, and based on what they’re seeing, we believe this may be a caching issue and are hoping that you can give try clearing the cache and see if there is any change. Please see the instructions below:

1. Close Roon and stop RoonServer
  2. Find and open your Roon database
  3. Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  4. Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  5. Do the same for the RoonServer Cache folder
  6. Launch RoonServer and Roon

Thanks,
Dylan

I followed your steps and its not a caching issue. I am seeing the exact same problem after following your steps, albeit I am using windows so the folder structure is under my own directory, not library (mac)

Thanks for giving that a try, @Milan_Peyrac.

You mentioned previously that uninstalling didn’t yield any changes. Just to verify here, can you confirm how you went about reinstalling things?

I just used the control panel to remove both roon server and client. I didn’t manually remove any files or folders, or make changes to the registry.

Is there a more comprehensive method?

Hi

Yesterday I ran Roon as administrator and artwork came up straight away. Today the artwork did not load and started downloading from the Web (again). I moved the cache as per the earlier post and so far this has not resulted in any positive outcome.

Best

Lars

Hi @Milan_Peyrac,

We have tried enabling diagnostics on the remote version of Roon on the Core machine, but the diagnostics report has not reached our servers.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We will need logs from the Roon folder (not RoonServer).

Let me follow the steps and come back to you shortly. thanks

Looks like it resolved itself, that’s why I didnt respond sooner.

Not sure what has changed on the backend, but everytime I open Roon now on the PC it seems to load up with artwork without issue. I will keep monitoring and come back if it reappears!

Thanks for all your help so far.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.