Loads song, skips immediately, 'Nothing Playing'

Roon Core Machine

Windows 11 Pro Build 22000, Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb RAM, core is on two WD Red 6TB in RAID 1

Networking Gear & Setup Details

xFinity TG1682G router, ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Motu M2 interface [USB], Edifier R1850DB [optical w/ Realtek]

Number of Tracks in Library

~100k tracks

Description of Issue

Since the newest update, I’ve not been able to play any music. Anytime I try to put a song into queue, it loads up, shows what seems to be accurate waveforms on the seekbar, but immediately skips to the next song, or if it’s the last song on the queue, it ends the queue and says nothing playing.

Above is just showing that it displays an accurate waveform, below is the same song in Foobar with the waveform seekbar component, just to confirm the waveform is correct and Roon is reading it properly.

All songs play fine in VLC, Foobar, even using roon on my phone [iPhone 12 Pro Max, newest update] will play through my phone totally fine. If I try to use it as a remote for my desktop, the same issue comes up.

^ My phone playing my library, from the same core, no problems.

In terms of what I’ve tried, I attempted a backup restore to as late as March, having less songs in my library, reinstalled entirely, disconnected my interfeace, tried a random USB headset I had sitting around, using headphone outs on my PC, turned off all DSP and bitrate conversions, rescanned my entire library, updated Realtek and Motu drivers, turning off my VPN [sanity check, my Roon core is my PC I play from], and none of that worked. I was listening to music around 10pm last night, woke up about 9 hours later unable to play anything. I don’t know if the enwest update just doesn’t sit well with Windows 11, but I don’t want to roll back to 10 or run a virtual box to find out.

Log file (drive link because it’s over 8mb):https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D-KKcxlarUvw1ChWXSF5c2dHF_b55jfj/view?usp=sharing

Just a fellow user here but you may want to take a look at the logs on your core, they may help you figure out what’s going on.

The logs can be located here C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Roon\Logs

You may be able to upload the logs as well to expedite the process, best of luck :slightly_smiling_face:

Btw, the AppData folder is hidden by the OS so you will need to unhide it.

Good point, didn’t think about that. Attached now, thanks!

Alright, I was looking through your logs and it looks like you are having some network issues while using Roon. I did see that you use a VPN, not sure if that’s the issue but you could try disabling that and turning off you firewall to see if that let’s you out. You may want to reboot all of your network equipment just to make sure that’s not causing an issue.

05/24 09:51:51 Debug: [identification] <18227503> status: NetworkFailure
05/24 09:51:51 Warn: [identification] requeueing album that failed due to network (identifyalbum)
05/24 09:51:51 Warn: [music_analysis] network error or timeout while fetching analysis info for track id 17980722

These were some of the logs that I pulled.

Yep, you were 100% right. Issue boiled down to me putting roon through a passthru tunnel in my VPN so I could connect to it with my remote. It’s worked fine for months, but maybe something borked in this update. Thanks mate!

1 Like

Not a problem, glad everything is working for you now! Enjoy the tunes!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.