Local audio device not working when Nginx is running on port 80

I have a development setup on Windows 10 64bit - running Laragon, which is just a wrapper around running some services.

When I run the basic nginx web server on port 80 (default), my Roon desktop app stops finding Audio devices - I’m guessing RAAT service is using that port. Since port 80 is standard for web development, how can I configure Roon / RAAT to still show audio devices - on another port, via a parameter / setting?

Thanks.

After more debugging with netstat (and a nice GUI version for Windows - currports from Nirsoft), I found that RAATServer is using ports 9003 and 9004 - which are used for php-cgi in a typical development setup (where you spawn from 2-20 php cgi processes, usually from 9003 onward).

As I needed to run both my dev setup and Roon at the same time, I had to change my setup - the fix was to change php_upstream.conf (in Laragon) manually, otherwise it always starts at 9003:

upstream php_upstream {
	server 127.0.0.1:9013 weight=1 max_fails=1 fail_timeout=1;
	server 127.0.0.1:9014 weight=1 max_fails=1 fail_timeout=1;
}

By starting on 9013 instead of 9003 in Laragon, now this works together with RAATServer at the same time. Ideally RAATServer should use safer ports that don’t conflict with typical dev setups (they might be using some kind of local PHP?).

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.