Local files behaving oddly

Windows 10/ Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60 ghz/ 16 gb ram/ Roon build 614

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
ubee model ddw36c…ethernet to core…wifi to endpoints

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

3 raspberry pi 3 running ropieee w/ hifiberry DAC+ hat

Description Of Issue

A particular couple of files wont load into Roon properly. They reside in a harddrive on the core machine. One file partially loads…about 5 seconds than the wav form in roon goes flat and roon moves on to the next song. The file is 1:09 long. Roon shows the correct song length…just about a minute of a flat wav. However, it does not play the silent wav form. It moves on to the next song after the audible portion plays. The file plays fine in other players. Another file has an audible hiccup that only occurs in Roon. Plays fine in VLC. I was able to recreate across all endpoints.

Seems like re importing the songs may help but that was fruitless.

Any thoughts??

Hi @Gregg_Church,

Just to verify, these files do appear in Roon, but they just don’t play?

How many tracks total are you experiencing these issues with?

Yes. They appear. They both play as expected in VLC. One just has an audible hiccup that repeats everytime the song is played in Roon on all endpoints. The hiccup does not occur in VLC. The other song plays for about 5 seconds. The actual track length is 1:09. The progress bar at the bottom of Roon shows the proper length of 1:09. However The wav graphic goes flat after 5 seconds, showing a flat wav for the remaining 1:04 and the song stops. Roon then progresses to the next song after the audible 5 seconds. It doesnt play the silence it shows in the progress bar.

Thanks for looking into it. I love Roon and this is the only issue Ive been stumped with.

Hi @Gregg_Church,

Would you mind sharing these tracks that are experiencing this behavior with us?

Ideally, you can zip them up into a folder and send me a private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.