Roon Core Machine

AMD FX-8370 32 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link router, connected by Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Cambridge CXN V2

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Well over 99% of the time, Roon is perfect for integrating my ripped CDs with my Tidal account. About the only exception I’ve encountered is Iron Maiden’s Live After Death. It is not seeing the local files, only the two versions streamable on Tidal. Does anyone else who owns this album (the two disc version) have this problem? Is there a way to ram local files down Roon’s throat in a situation such as this, even if it involves registry edits and hosing my OS if I’m wrong?

Hey @TJ_Swoboda

Welcome to our Roon Community, we’re glad to see you! I’d be delighted to share some tips with you for identifying and editing your local music in Roon. I’m pleased to report that it won’t require esophageal gymnastics or sundry hosing. It’s actually quite easy! :+1:

Here’s what to do:

1. Click the ellipsis on the Live After Death album page
  2. Click edit
  3. Click Identify album
  4. Click the correct album title if it appears (if it doesn’t jump to step 6)
  5. On the next page compare the tracks on your library version to the one in our database
  6. If you don’t see the album you’re looking for click “None of these look right”
  7. Enter the Artist and Album Title in the search window and click the correct album
  8. On the next page compare the tracks on your library version to the one in our database
  9. Click Save
  10. Review the metadata again to ensure you selected the correct version.

That should take care of it!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.