Local library empty / Lost playlists

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS/Intel NUC7i5 (8GB RAM, SSD disc only for Roon Core)/Roon 1.6 (Build 416)
Library is stored on QNAP TS-451 NAS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

See above. In this specific situation I was using the Linn Akurate Streamer connected via Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Yesterday I was listening to music for hours (started around 12am and was listening until 5pm). At some point I was leaving the room for more than an hour. When I came back the music stopped. When trying to restart the music with Roon Remote I saw that all the content of my local library was gone. All albums left are Qobuz albums. All playlists only contained tracks from Qobuz.

I checked my NAS which was online. As far as I could tell there was no reboot and not network interruption any other user of the network noticed.

I checked the Settings/Storage menu. The correct path to my NAS was there and the small text was already showing that the library is beeing (re)built. So I waited about half an hour.

As far as I could see the album library was back to normal. Favourite track markers were also there. I have to admit I couldn’t tell if everything was complete or if there where things missing. What I saw was, that all my playlists didn’t go back to normal. The playlists still only contained tracks from Qobuz.

I ended up restoring a backup from two days ago. Worked like a charm and now everything is back normal.

Nevertheless I would be interested in finding the reason for this behaviour. This never happened before.

I zipped all the RoonServer logs from yesterday (not the RAATLogs). As soon as somebody replied I’ll send the link to the logs.

Any support is highly apprechiated.

pj

Hi @papa.jay – Thanks for reaching out.

I’m glad that things are back to normal after restoring the backup. If you could, please send the log files over that you saved and I’ll pass them along to the team to take a look.

PM is in your inbox

Thanks @papa.jay — I’ll get the logs over to the team and will follow up with you once I have their feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.