Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core™ i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

AT&T BGW320
Ethernet to Living room TP-Link SG105 switch to Holo Audio Red

Connected Audio Devices

HQP 5.4.0 Desktop on Windows 11 Pro with i9 14900K 32gb ram via ethernet direct to AT&T BGW320 router.
Holo Audio Red connected to Holo Audio May via USB

Number of Tracks in Library

9747 tracks

Description of Issue

Hallo.

Please untangle me of your login loop.
I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restore from backup and tried multiple browsers, clearing cookies and disabling firewall and anti virus. etc.

I’m a little confused.

You state that you experience stoppages with Tidal streamed content but you are asking for help with a ‘login loop’.

Could you describe your issue in more detail - perhaps with screenshots if appropriate?

Assuming that the login issue is what you are concerned with, does the post I made replying to some else help? It can be found at:

Hallo.

Apologies, the stoppages are an ongoing issue also from another post in the audio section still unnoticed by Roon support and new post was copy and pasted but forgot to edit that part out.

For this post, the login issue is not like your link with the unauthorize message but the login page only, where one signs in on browser and redirect to app but login page remains.

OK, fair enough.

I’m afraid it’s not an issue I’ve ever encountered - except on a couple of occasions when the WiFi on my phone has got into a state an my phone could not see my server - which, I assume is not your issue.

The only other thing that gets mentioned is firewall issues. I believe that the firewall requirements may have changed over the last couple of months. Have you got the full set of Windows firewall exceptions list in the help centre at:

If that does not help, I’m not sure I can help further - sorry.

Thank you.

I have performed your dance to no avail.

Hallo.

I have resolved my core after much rigorous research and turmoil.

The solution was found here in combination of others which included:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists

This alone did not work, nor disabling firewall or both.

What I had to do was reset my network settings, unplug AT&T BG320 gateway/router, reboot, disable all firewall, then followed steps above.

Basic steps that I could have done. However, should not have to for whatever reason in 2023 that could have easily been a non issue to begin with.

I hope this helps others.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.