Login required for windows 10 roon app

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP nas OS Version 4.4.3.1439/Roon version 1.7 buiild 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Local LAN Netgear and Cisco all over Etherent

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Multiple Windows 10 Roon App 64bit over Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Roon app does not retain user name or password after rebooting windows 10. How can i get it so the roon app automatically logs in?

This is a new bug that has been reported multiple times.

Here’s one post of many -

Thanks for the response.

This issue is disappointing as I am currently a few days into my 14day trail period and this is preventing me from moving forward with a purchase. Not to mention that it makes it imposable for the other members of the family to login without me there which not a nice user experience at all. Hope it can be addressed ASAP.

Do you know if the “bug” is impacting both the 32bit and 64bit versions?

Why, like all bugs, it’ll get fixed.

Dunno, try it and report back.

You don’t trust your family with your Roon id/password? :laughing:

Hello @Roon_User123, and welcome to the community! We are aware of a few similar reports to yours and we have an active investigation into this issue with our QA team. My apologies for the frustration. In a moment, I’m going to send you a PM with another step to try, please take a look!

I will also add your report to our list for the QA team to review, do you have another device you can try as a core in the meantime to see if you get the same result?

Hi @nuwriy

Thanks, ill look for the PM.

Adding an additional core seems to have addressed the issue. That or un Authorizing core 1, and then connecting to it again. I am now able to connect without it asking for sign-in info after a reboot.

I’ll check again tomorrow morning to make sure it is not a session timeout issue.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.