Login Roon Remote

Roon on my Mac doesn’t give me an option to login to the remote, instead its prompting for more Authorisations.

What should I do?

Not sure what you mean by this. One doesn’t login to a Remote. Remotes only run on iOS or Android devices, not Macs.

It sounds like you are accidentally trying to set up two Cores and that’s why you get the Authorization message.

If you installed the total Roon package, then there’s no Remote to log into. The complete Roon package has Control functions ‘embedded’, i.e. Remote functionality.

OTOH, it sounds like you might have RoonServer installed, rather than the complete Roon package.

If you have just RoonServer and would rather have Roon complete -

1. Use Settings==>Backup to backup your Roon library.
  2. Delete RoonServer.
  3. Install complete Roon package
  4. Use Settings==>Find Backups to restore Roon library.

Some people would leave RoonServer, install Roon complete, and use the complete Roon to effect control functions. In that case, you wouldn’t need to restore the Roon library, although it’s always a good idea to have a library backup.

This sounds similar to the bug I face occasionally. Logging out and logging back in to the Roon account fixes it.

Please post a screenshot of what you are experiencing, so we can provide a more accurate answer.

at the same time I*'m .playing music from my Mac

Strange that the wifi capacity on my NUC10i7FNH isn’t enough for Roon!