Login to client - why do I have to do this at all?

I can understand authenticating my account when I have to restart the server (“core”), which frankly happens entirely too often, but I do not understand why I have to login to my account on the client side to use the server (“core”) which is on my local network. ANYONE who has properly attached to my local network should be able to attach to the running server (“core”) without the need for credentials to use the client side software. This morning, I had to run around the house and re-authenticate my devices which is a very frustrating waste of my time. And that was possibly the fifth time I have had to do that since our first shelter-in-place order in March.

Please consider the impact of what your approach to services security has on the lives of your user community.

Hi @Peter_Mrozik,

That’s not normal, the core should only require being logged into Roon once … so I’m moving you topic over to #support.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

To confirm I just added my wife’s phone, roon just asks to confirm the server core you are connecting to and you are in. No user name or password.
In fact if you search the forum you will find loads of complaints about this lack of sign in as people see it as insecure.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.