Logitech Touch - volume control

Rock

A power cut last week seems to have changed my volume control on my Logitech Touch.

Previously it was happily controlled from the Roon screen, but now I get can take the slider down to zero and nothing happens to the volume, I have to use the Logitech remote to alter the volume. In device setup volume control is set to device volume.

The only thing of note was that after the power cut my Rock machine was off and needed to be turned on.

Any thoughts please?

Kind regards - Stay Safe - Terry

Hi @TerryD,

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot your Touch and Core? Another troubleshooting step you could try is to factory reset the Touch, do let me know if that helps with the issue.

A stupid question, how do you default a Touch and what gets cleared out/lost on a reset please?

Thanks - Terry

Hi @TerryD,

You should be able to restore the Touch to default by going to Settings -> Advanced -> Restore Factory Settings on the touch itself:

The settings which are lost are the connection to the Core (you’ll have to reconfigure it via the My Music -> Switch Library menu and I believe it also clears out any other custom settings which you applied (screensaver type, brightness, ect.).

Thanks for that. I will do so over the weekend. It is ok with the Logitech remote, but controlling from within Roon is better.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply - stay safe - Terry

1 Like

I have defaulted the settings in Roon (not on the unit yet) and I have noticed that if I use the Roon volume slider and raise the vlume, there is a slight clicking and although the foreground volume doesn’t increase there seems to be a background sound level for a fraction of a second that then drops back to the audible level that it was before.

If I continue to decrease the volume via the Roon slider, the level of the clicking sound lowers until at “40” it disappears. The audio level at the forefront stays where the Logitech remote set it.

To try and explain it another way; it was working fine prior to a power cut, remote and Roon’s settings for the Touch volume level worked in the same way.

OK, cut… I just went to check something, used the Roon volume control and took it down to 0 and I when I released the mouse button it sprange back to the remote control volue but the slider stayed at 0.

I continued to mouse click on the 0 and the volume dropped, now I can slider up and down and it appeares to be back to normal except that the 0 setting actually gives an audio level of arrpoximately 4 which I can live with.

I clicked on the remote control’s reduce vol button and it jumped back to 38 (with match volume level on the speakers) on the Touch display but shows 0 in Roon.

Reducing down on the remote takes me down to “mute”, then increasing on Roon then brings back the clicks/jitters and results in the Touch showing a “reconnecting to Roon” message. The output volume by altering the Roon setting can be heard until you stop increasing and then there is no volume, I have to follow up using the Touch remote to get steady volume.

I hope some of that made sense… Thanks for any answers - stay safe - Terry

Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness? If so …

I have rebooted my ROCK a couple of times and all appears to be back to normal.

Terry

Hi @TerryD,

Just to confirm, since rebooting ROCK, your Touch zone is now stable? The volume controls work properly even with the Logitech remote and setting it to a volume now does not make it jump to another volume?

Yes, I have been using it today all day and I have volume control on Roon and the Logitech remote control, and they correspond, 71 on one equals 71 on the other. It was the losing contact from the Touch to Roon when I used the Roon vol control that puzzled me.

It did take two reboots of the Rock though, one after the other in succession.

Thanks again - stay safe - Terry

1 Like

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved @TerryD, hope you’re staying safe as well!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.