Logitech Transporters hanging when connected to roon

Hi @noris,

I think I have finally figured this out. I started by changing the audio settings of the Transporter in LMS and found out that if the Transporter is configured to Power Down Audio when off, then it wouldn’t play with roon. If I set it to Audio Always on (the default setting), then it’s playing just fine.
Basically, all my transporters are set to keep audio circuitry off when they are powered off. When switching the Transporter from LMS to roon, it first powers off, then it powers on again, however the audio circuits remain off. It seems that roon does not support turning on and off the Transporter audio circuits so it sends the playback commands with the audio circuits off and the Transporter gets stuck at 0:00.
If I set it on LMS to Audio Always on, then when switching it to roon the audio circuits remain on all the time and the Transporters works with roon just fine.
I was able to reproduce the behavior consistently on two Transporters (the one which was reset yesterday and another one which was never reset), they always work when Audio is set to Always on in LMS and they always hang when audio is set to Power Down…
So I am quite confident that this must be the problem, however it would be nice if you could confirm the same behavior with support.

Thanks,

Adrian

1 Like