Logitech Vs. Roon

It is possible

I believe it will hovewer be possible/integrated in Camilladsp at a later stage.
The developer is happy to answer any question that comes.

Personally I use sox resampling in squeezelite.
Anyway, everything is possible and with good results but be aware of a time consuming first time setting everything up :slight_smile:
Is is however quite fun when it works.
When making i.e. fir filters for camilladsp, a later version of REW will be able to port it directly to the format camilladsp use.

1 Like

Two minor points with respect to Qobuz integration

1. Cannot add/remove favourites
  2. Canges in Qobuz favorites set in the Qobuz app only appear in the collection after a rescan is triggered.

Are there any settings or plugins to achieve this?

I’m very new to LMS , but you can set a timed rescan.

Not that I have found. Even simple metadata changes to file tags in LMS never picks up the changes for me so always had to do a full rescan there scanner isn’t as good as some make out.

Lots of buggerising around.
Roon just works, and provides a good user interface to make the process easy.

As a Roon Lifer, I have no reason to look elsewhere, but I would try LMS & Camillia again if the integration/software progresses to allow easier implementation.

Yes, but not on Linux. The LMS UI works on any computer or mobile device.

Not for all users it doesn’t and now when offline it doesn’t provide any of that at all.

I cannot convince you but I have convinced myself (LMS sounds better but Roon interface and way to explore music is (for me) worth it).

Do you experience internet outages regularly?

Over this year quite a number. But that’s not the point. I have had the possibility of playing my music via Roon if my internet does go down removed without any prior consultation or warning or really any disclosure that this was happening. I see this as a severe service degradation.

I find LMS a real simple I know what I want to play experience or to access a playlist with control over your players. It’s just not as busy as Roon.
For finding new music I think I’d use Tidal Connect.

Plus you have the option of seeing local files only and separate streaming or combined.

Having said that its user dependant to select the plugins you want to use to create an interface that meets your needs.

I’m using a mixture of the Material Skin and the iPeng app which you need for your phone or anything that does not identify as a uPnp player.

I tried to use LMS a while back, just getting everything tagged perfectly and then picked up properly by LMS was a nightmare. On top of that I had a hard time finding stuff to listen to. Roon really helps me relax and find something to play. I have about 700 vinyl records on a huge 4x4 Ikea Kallax shelf and I have trouble selecting one to play many times. Roon makes it so much easier to make decisions and that is where LMS is really weak. You have to know what you want to play, there is no opportunity for discovery.

Could you elaborate? I seem to recall that performer names were case sensitive, but have not spent enough time with it recently to recall

It was just that, I recall having multiples entries for different artists because one album would have a capital in a different spot. It was truly infuriating to fix. This would make albums super hard to find. I remember having a few different entries for “Between the Buried and Me” for example. The whole library was a mess. Also without the Material Skin enabled it really looks fresh out of 2002. Even with the material skin the UX is still fresh out of 2002. I think there’s one guy at Logitech who still supports it at this point.

On Android you can use Material and BubbleUpnp, no need for extra sw.

1 Like

It wasn’t always like that. I don’t recall why the change was made, but I do recall having to do some tag cleanups. It’s what led me to having code that pulled all metadata into SQLite so I could run mass updates and then write the changes back to the underlying files.

You can do that in Roon, do it all the time that’s what focus is for.

It’s the same for capitals to letters and ampersands instead of and it would as well.

Hardly user friendly, really hated its db management. I guess it did make me tidy up all my tags as I had no option. Made it easier for Roon later. But it’s 2022 such things should not still exist in music library management.

Third party SW is a much better solution for making correct tagging etc. Musicbrainz for instance.
When all that ■■■■■■ work is done it works wonderful.
There is so much very nice and good SW out there for free.