Long waiting times befor songs start playing

Since a week or so it takes very long for the music to start playing. I mostly takes a minute or so to start. The playtime bar starts moving from front to back. The rest of roon runs normal (loading of the home screen and My Libery). Once it is playing it does not occur between tracks. But when I manualy chose something it again takes very long. I only stream music(Qobuz and Tidal), I dont have local files. Cd quality or hi-res both have the issue.

I am running a Nucleus plus and a Naim Unity Nova (wireless or wired did not matter for the issue). I have a Orbi T50 router that is setup as a acces point. I have also had it in router mode, but that did not change anything in the waiting times(with or without igmp enabled).

I also have another endpoint, here I use a Benchmark dac 2 connected via usb to my pc which is wired to my main Orbi. Also long waiting times.

I also connected my nuclues to the main orbi as well as the satelites. Also had the nucleus and my Naim Unity nova connected to the same satelite. This also did not change anything.

Need some help here…

Thanks in advance,

Xander

Hi Xander, not official support, but, have you tried changing your DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1. Sometimes an ISP’s DNS server can introduce wait times.

Does it get better if you restart the core software?

I will try that tomorrow.

Yes, that did not really help. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Hi @Xander_Westenberg — I just wanted to check in and see if the DNS change that Rugby mentioned helped. Often times using Google or Cloudflare DNS will help with these types of issues. Let us know!

Hey @Xander_Westenberg,

We’re hoping you’re enjoying music without having to wait too long. I wanted to make sure we offered all the help you needed to have as good an experience as possible :nerd_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.