Looking for Roon Core forever

Roon Core Machine

Just setup Nucleus 4 TB machine.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-link router, ethernet connection to Nucleus.

Connected Audio Devices

Several DACs, but they were all working last night.

Number of Tracks in Library

25k tracks.

Description of Issue

Working great last night, but now the Roon app says “searching for core” on both my phone and my PC, rebooted twice … same result. Nucleus shows on router.

Hi,

I suggest checking the dashboard information that’s available from the Nucleus’ web-display. Just point a web-browser at the Nucleus’ IP address.

Posting a screenshot of it here may help with diagnosing this issue.

I just reinstalled the operating system. No effect – per the screenshot, the database and settings show not ready. What do I lose when I reset?

Resetting the database will revert Roon back to the way it was before you started adding music files to it … no play history, no edits, and all your music files will need to be ingested, identified and analysed once more.

However, provided you have a recent Roon database backup this can be recovered by restoring the backup.

As this is a new setup I suspect you don’t have a backup yet … but there would be little to be gained by restoring … unless you have a been using Roon on a different hardware and this is a migration to a new Nucleus.

Well, that is a very bitter pill. I had already spent about 10 hours constructing playlists, etc. In any case, I did reset the database, and rebooted, and nothing has changed – see screen shot. What is next.

Sorry to hear that :frowning:

You could hook up a HDMI monitor to the Nucleus looking for clues, but I’m clutching at straws now.

Taking the lid off and resetting the M.2 SSD might help.

I suspect a hardware issue, but that would have to be diagnosed / confirmed by Roon’s @support team.

Thanks for the attempt. I am all thumbs and do not want to try opening the box. How do I get that support?

They will see this topic and also I tagged @support in my previous post to you.

Bear in mind most of Roon don’t work at the weekends so it’s most likely to be next week before they follow this up with you.

If you purchased the a Nucleus from a dealer (rather than directly from Roon) then they too should help.

Andrew, did you purchase the Nucleus directly from Roon or a dealer? If from a dealer, best to contact them. If from Roon, then we can tag support. They do not work on the weekends and will most likely follow up with you next week if needed.

bought directly from Roon. Have thrown away original packaging since it was working fine.

They should have their records of the purchase. Let me specifically tag @support for you.

Hi @Andrew_Carr,

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to our Roon Community. We’ve sorry that a problem with your Nucleus prompted your visit but we’re happy to jump in and lend a hand.

We’re sending you a PM here on Community to get some additional information. Please keep an eye out for that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.