"Looking for your Roon Core" with a pulsating logo beside the statement [Resolved - Reinstall]

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini (late 2014) running macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 - 2.6 GHz Dual Core Intel Core i5 - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - 1 TB Hard Drive (778.92 GB Available)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Library Size

Description of Issue

Cannot get Roon to come up on my Mac mini. Each time I open Roon I get a screen that has “Looking for your Roon core” along with a vibrating Roon logo. I have shut down Roon several times and I have shut down the Mac mini several times. Each time I try to open Roon I get the same page? I have verified that my network is working and I am connected to the internet on the Mac mini.

It sounds like it’s looking for another core, did you install the server version on the mini.

I actually installed Roon Server on my Mac mini over 1 year ago. Roon has been running on the Mac mini with only minor issues until now. Yesterday when I wanted to use Roon the Mac mini was running slow and the internal fan was running continuously. I tried to open Roon but everything was running awfully slow. I shut down the computer and then restarted it, the computer was running faster but when I tried to open Roon, the message “looking for your Roon Core” came up.

Try running First Aid in the Utilities folder. If that doesn’t find and correct any errors you might uninstall and reinstall Roon

Thanks, I had to uninstall and reinstall Roon.

Hi @Steve_Shotts — Just to confirm, things are working okay after a reinstall?

Yes, after the reinstall everything is working fine.

Glad to hear it, @Steve_Shotts! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you see any issues return in the future.