Looking to upsample but my device does not show up

Fantastic, good to hear. :grin:

If you mean convert DSD to PCM then -
/
//

Sorry, but what you said earlier led me to think that you were using Roon before you added the i5:

This discussion is confusing to me because you keep saying things like, “my i5 simply does not show up.” I assume you are looking for endpoint devices that you can enable on the Audio tab of Roon settings. You won’t find the sonicTransporter i5 there because it’s not an endpoint device. It’s serving as Core for your Roon system.

What you should be looking for is your Musical Paradise DAC (MP-D2 MK3 DELUXE ES9038PRO AK4497 AK4490 TUBE DAC?) to show up under the the opticalRendu. It may only show up if it is powered on, the USB input is selected, and the clock is set to internal, as described here:

If you don’t see the opticalRendu at all, you’ll need to solve that first. Could be the fiber cable is not connected properly or to a compatible SFP and switch. To test, you can try opening http://sonicorbiter.com/ in a browser. This should find the opticalRendu on your network. If what you get back looks like this, your opticalRendu is offline.