Looses each four day connection with Roon ROCK 1.6 on NUC 8i5

Hi @Dylan

I found the issue for the Roon ROCK not to be able to be connected from devices as fx iPAD!

I was constantly wondering, why it was only in some mornings I experienced the issue. Never during evening or weekends.

I then figured out to point to my Readynas server, which contains all my own music. I have configured this NAS server to go into sleep each night, for then to be online again at 4 o’clock in the afternoon.

This has obviously the impact that Roon ROCK sometimes fail the possibility for net devices as PC or iPAD for net access when a net share is not available.

It is only sometimes this issue occurs, but when it does, starting my NAS server manually gets the Roon ROCK back online! Without doing anything at the Roon.

It is not a hard issue, but something in Roon ROCK is occasionally failing, when an existing net share for some reason is not available.

From my point you may close the ticket, but may address the issue to the support team.

Again: Thanks a lot for your huge efforts to get Roon an even better product! It is a classical music lovers best gift.

kr

@dylan: Did you get any chance to report my issue that Roon seems to have an issue when a net share dissapears for Roon?

Hi @Kim_Kruse_Petersen,

I met with the team to discuss this and they’re working to reproduce similar behavior to what you’re seeing.

In general, the reason you’re seeing this behavior is likely due to how Linux handles file systems now being available. If the NAS is asleep and your Core is unable to connect, that can cause this type of behavior to occur. The best option here, for now, would be to prevent the NAS from sleeping.

Thanks!

@Dylan Thansk. Leaving the NAS from sleeping is exactly my work-around. However not optimal, especially as Roon is so clever and smart not to listing music with no physical access.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.