Loosing Meridian endpoints

Thank you for giving that a try, @james_newman1.

Interesting that there is still something that is preventing a connection between the ms600 and Roon.

I’d like to propose another test. If you happen to have another device that you could temporarily install Roon on, I’d be interested to know if you can see the the devices there. This would be a great data point that would help us narrow down the cause of this behavior here. This would give us insight into whether or not there is something preventing the connection on the Core computer or if it is in fact networking related.

Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation as we continue to investigate here. It truly is appreciated!

Regards,
Dylan

I just have 3 ipads that I use as remotes.

Understood, thanks @james_newman1.

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Regards,
Dylan

Hey @james_newman1,

Thank you for your continued patience during this investigation. In order to aid in the investigation, I have a little more information I’d like to gather, as well as offer more troubleshooting suggestions.

• First, are you able to successfully ping the IP address being assigned to the MS600 devices? Furthermore, are you able to work with the units outside of Roon?
  • Can you confirm that you are on the most recent firmware update for the devices?
  • Do you have a Meridian Core active on your network?
  • Take a look at the settings on the Router itself. Is there any firewall active there that may be disabled?

Thank you,
Dylan

Yes, able to ping MS600s. Units work with Control 15 turned on, but it is turned off. All units have updated firmware. Core is turned off. No firewall on the router.

Shut off, windows 10 computer, shut off sooloos core, downloaded roon core to newest mac pro, saw meridian endpoints for about 5 minutes and they all disappeared, same as windows 10 computer. No change.

I’ve scrolled up and can’t see a description of your network. What units does it contain, how connected, and is everything DHCP or Fixed IP or mixed?

Thanks for giving that a go, @james_newman1!

Since the symptoms are the same regardless of the Core machine, I’d like to see if the issue persists after trying an alternate networking setup.

If you bypass the switch and Ethernet connected devices directly to the router, do you experience any change in behavior?

Thanks,
Dylan

See my June 5th post. I can only add that I have an additional Control 15, (Non Core) downstairs that is also turned off when trying to change to Roon. That makes 4 MS 600’s one 818v3 connected via cat5 or cat 6 cable and an Explorer 2 connected via USB. The Explorer2 always works, the 818 connected to my computer works most of the time and the 600’s work with a router and switch reboot for between 10 minutes and 4 hours, sometimes. I have a few cat5 cables that are 100 feet, (both c15’s and 3 ms600s), I don’t know if this matters or not. I think all are fixed IP but I’m not that computer savy to know the difference.

No change when device is cat6 directly to the router.

James just a thought as you are using fixed ip addresses can you switch to using DHCP and reboot all devices?

I think they are fixed. Sooloos always warned against changing any device addresses so I have never touched them. As I said above, I am not very computer savy so I don’t know.

Message sent.