Losing audio every so often since update to build 806

Need a bit of help here :slight_smile:

I am losing audio every so often and out of the blue. Usually happens when I skip a track or try to play another album. Then, if i try playing anything, the timer stays at 00:00 and the little animation next to the song indicates this is playing. After a few seconds, it skips to the next song and continues to do so for the entire playlist with no audio or errors like “Roon lost control” or “Media loading slowly”.

It comes and goes and I have to restart Macbook and ROCK several times for audio to eventually come back.

• Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.4
  • ROCK 806 on NUC8i3BEH
  • Remote 806
  • No local library, only Tidal and Qobuz.

Happens when I use either of my 2 USB DACS connected to my Mac.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

What does the network connectivity look like and also the Speedtest.net results.

What are your dns settings?

Hello.

Doubt this has anything to do with my internet. All started with the new build. ROCK DNS is 8.8.8.8 if this is what you’re after. Happens even when there is not other streaming going on in the house apart from Roon.

When Roon stops playing and I try and stream via Tidal or Qobuz apps, all works well. It’s just Roon which misbehaves now :slight_smile:

I have a 150mb fibre connection. This is now, rather far from my wireless router.

Power cycle your dacs, remotes and core.

Done this already and will do once more for good measure.

As said, this has become a problem since I updated and I am curious what has changed.

Hi @RBO

Thanks for reaching out! Can you confirm the following?

• Does the same thing happen if you just play to System Output?
  • Are you using any DSP settings? If so, does disabling them help at all?
  • Does it seem to happen with one streaming service over the other? Certain sample rates more often? Are there any patterns you’ve noticed at all here?

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for reaching out.

Macbook speakers?

None

To be honest, this is a good question and I have not checked what I was playing when this happened.

I will keep an eye on this and write to you when it happens next with more details.