Losing connection to core daily need to restart server

In order the eliminate the OS question posed by u_gee. I switched out my Win 7 laptop with a Win 10 laptop. All specs are the same between the two laptops. Issue still persists. Roonappliance.exe will use up all available memory, regardless if the system is be used or not. I’m assuming one of my endpoints is causing the issue, but regardless it seems like there is bug in the roon software on how it’s reacting to my setup. I have multiple endpoints, probably more than most users.

Hi @Daniel_Natale,

I spoke with the team about this and it seems as though there is an interaction between at least one of your audio devices and Roon that seems to be causing the issue. In order to better understand where this is stemming from, the team is hoping that a test can be performed to help us identify which device(s) is causing the issue.

Can you try powering down/disconnecting all Chromecast devices? Once those devices are no longer on the network is there any change here?

I didn’t power down or disconnect my devices, but I did disable a few of the chromecast devices in Roon. Instead of just having them all enabled I picked some of the ones that don’t get used or so little that it won’t ruin the experience. So far it has been stable for the last 4 days. Memory usage has stay at around 4GB, but hasn’t gone above that. I will report back if anything changes, or if I can track down the specific device or devices that was causing the issue.

This continues to happen off and on, I believe it is tied to using the display function with my google home and chromecast devices. If I don’t use the display function everything works great and can stay up for weeks at a time. Once I start using the display function and then stop the next time the roon server usage is up over 6gbs and crashes the server.

Thanks for the update, @Daniel_Natale!

Knowing that this seems related to using the Display functionality is a good data point. The next time this happens can you make a note of the time it occurs in your local timezone so we can enable further diagnostics?

Thanks!

Okay, I was messing around the display functionality again today. The server crashed again. This occurred between 4 and 7 pm EST on 1/27.

Hi @Daniel_Natale,

To confirm, you were just using the Display feature with your Chromecast? How soon after activating this did the crash occur? Did it happen when you were in configuring Display settings?

Actually, this time it occurred when trying to display to a windows 10 PC using a Chrome browser. The display stream started but ended after one song. It never recovered and eventually, the server crashed. The music continued for about 15 minutes or so and then the server crashed. I don’t have the exact time since I was doing other things at the same time and just noticed that the music stopped on its own.

Thanks, @Daniel_Natale – I’ve enabled diagnostics so the team can take a look and will follow up with you once they provide feedback on their findings.

A post was split to a new topic: Pixel 3 losing connection

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.