Loss of group sync after device reboot [Roon working with Auralic on sync issues]

Roon Core Machine

Innuos Statement

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Virgin Media Hub/ Ubiquiti WiFi Access Points / Netgear Unmanaged Switch

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Vega G2 (wired)
4x Auralic Aries Mini

Library Size

500 Ripped CD Albums / approx 1000 Tidal albums

Description of Issue

I have a situation with a system that uses five Auralic devices as Roon endpoints. The sync between the device types is thrown off every time the system is rebooted. The clients are sometimes away for weeks at a time, so the equipment rack is powered down.

Kit list:

• Innuos Statement (Roon Core) 1.8 (build 806)
  • Auralic Vega G2 (wired)
  • 4x Auralic Aries Mini (wireless only - wired not possible)

The hard-wired kit is connected to an unmanaged ethernet switch, and the wi-fi devices are on a Ubiquiti Unifi network.

When the zones are grouped together, they are in sync. However when the rack is powered up again the sync on the 4x Aries Mini units is still okay, but the Vega G2 lags behind by about 100ms.

The client has to ungroup and re-group the zones each time in order for them to stay in sync. Is there a workaround whereby the re-group can be automated?

Master clock priority is set to default. Setting the Vega G2 to ‘1 (Highest)’ didn’t seem to help.

I haven’t applied a group delay to any devices because the sync is only thrown off after a power cycle.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Hi @David_Quigley1. Sorry for the late response.

The next time this happens, can you make a note of the time it occurs and the track that is playing out of sync? After that please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service). We’ll take a look!

Hi @David_Quigley1

Just to follow up on this – I discussed this with our ecosystem expert and he let me know that he’s currently working with Auralic on some syncing issues. I can’t provide any specific timelines, but it’s something we will be working with them to resolve in the future. Thanks!

Many thanks for persevering with this. It’s much appreciated.