Loss of, or No audio connection with Roon since 1.6

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core - Innous Zenith SE; Devialet Expert Pro 220; MacBook Pro as controller; Roon 1.6 (build 401)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

VirginMedia wifi; Superhub 3.0; Ethernet connection Zenith SE Core to Devialet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Since the 1.6 update, the system has been unstable. Connections lost repeated and now will not connect at all. Having looked at the Knowledge Base (which can be impenetrable) and various Community streams, I disabled multiple Audio Zones selected, leaving only one active at a time in order to limit potential “conflicts” between the zones (see first screenshot below). You will note that the two audio zones highlighted both point to the Zenith SE and share its IP address. When the preferred “Networked / Roon Ready” audio zone is selected, the following message appears: “Audio device refused to switch input to Roon”. In the Settings > Audio section however, on one hand, this audio zone appears to be automatically populated with information directly from the Core / Devialet (2nd screenshot), whereas in “Device Setup”, the Volume min/max levels are curiously blank (3rd screenshot). Conversely, when the second audio zone, “Devialet”, is selected, (4th screenshot), Roon seems to recognise the zone, the volume settings in “Device setup” is pre-populted somehow (5th screenshot) but no sound is heard through the speakers. So for the moment, the system is completely unusable via Roon. Please note that I have uninstalled and re-installed Roon, and restarted both the Zenith SE and the Devialet several times, all to no effect. Separately, I would note that in the Zenith SE’s own “Settings” you can choose between Roon and UPnP for Music Server Integration. While I naturally default to Roon, however, disabling Roon on the Zenith SE in favour of the UPnP, using the iPeng app, I have complete and uninterrupted access to all my music on the Zenith SE, and without any connection dropouts etc. Unfortunately that means I don’t have access to Roon or its integration with Tidal and Qobuz. I have tried to get Roon working again to no avail. Please advise what I need to do get it back on line. I’m sure there’s much I can do to optimise the use of Roon, but at the minute I can’t get it to work at all. Thank you. Bruce

Do you also have the same Dev connected via USB to the Core?

devww

If so, what happens if you disable the other connection and use it?

1 Like

Hi @Bruce_Bettencourt1,

I would give @Rugby’s suggestion a try, what happens if you use the USB input on the Devialet?

You mentioned that you are using the Macbook Pro as a controller, but if you temporarily use the Macbook Pro to host the Roon Core on it, do you still experience the same issue?

If you are switching to the Macbook as a Core, I would definitely suggest making a Backup of your Innuous database first.

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.