Lost 99% of my cover art after latest update [Resolved - Cleared Cache]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK on NUC, version 1.7 - 571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NUC via gigabit to switch, via gigabit to NAS Synology DS1819+, holding 31,000 albums

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

wifi to Devialet using RAAT

Description Of Issue

This morning I have lost almost all cover art, across the entire library, with small exception of a few dozen albums added in the past 2 days. Nothing has changed in my network. Everything worked fine 2 days ago.
Added data point: all cover art ALSO disappeared from Qobuz. When viewing ‘new releases’ on Qobuz, I get the first 5 covers, then only grey squares.

When I go into the library and click on a couple of the ‘grey square’ albums, then Edit and look at Album Artwork, I see the little black circle churning next to the image link. The same everywhere. The images have not moved or been altered, yet Roon can’t find them anymore.

Patrick, have you tried a lower value for the image cache? This can be done in the settings menu.

The value appears to be set at the minimum 64MB. Shouldn’t I increase it rather than try to lower it?

Have you rebooted the NUC and NAS? I would increase the memory for artwork to 256mb.

I just increased the imgage cache from 64 to 96MB and forced a rescan. No album art shows up for any of the albums I added this morning. Reboot will be next step but I am listening to music at the moment :slight_smile:

A reboot should always be a first step as with anything computer related.

I once had a problem with cover art because my cache was too large. Your problem is probably related to something else. But indeed, as suggeted above, a reboot might do the trick.

I rebooted both NUC and NAS. Zero change…

It has happened to me two or three times in the past. What I did is to “Clear Cache” under setup and restart the remote. This fixed my problems. Hope this solve your problem.

1 Like

That fixed it! Cleared the cache and all images came back. Thank you!!

Glad that helped. Enjoy the music. I am amazed that the possibility of losing cover arts did not destroy your mood to enjoy the music. I might have a different response than you if I that happened to me.

Haha! I have had a few odd issues with Roon over the past year or so, and in each case there was a solution provided fairly quickly, so I have learned not to panic / overreact when it happens. As my wife will attest, this Zen approach is not my natural response :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.