Lost all my live radio stations in 1.8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuous zenith MK3 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet/wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

ethernet cable

Description Of Issue

Since update to 1.8, i lost all radio stations including WGBH JAZZ 24-7. I can’t seem to add any back from tune in or manually.

Sorry for the trouble here, @Thomas_Bacon!

Is there any change if you reboot the Core machine?

Are you able to browse the Live Radio directory okay?

What happens when you try to add the stations? Do you get an error? If so can you share a screenshot of the error?

Thanks!

Ubuntu Linux, Roon Core 1.8 running in a Docker container

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet/wired 1Gb network managed with pfSense.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

RoPieeeXL with a Hifiberry Digi+ Pro connected to a Cambridge amplifier via digital coaxial output.

Description Of Issue

I’m not the OP, but I too lost all of my personally added radio stations since updating to 1.8. This is very disappointing as I’d manually added over a hundred new radio stations to Roon over the last year and have no other record of the stations.

I’ve tried restarting the Core a few times, but my saved stations are still missing. I am able to browse the Live Radio directory without any issues and can add stations without an error. It just seems that all my saved stations were erased during the update process.

Intel NUC i7 Roon 1.8

Ethernet, Billion Router, Juniper and Ruckus enterprise switches

USB to AudioQuest DragonFly Red or Chord Hugo2

Description Of Issue

Lost all Live Radio stations. Saved Favourites report “station no longer available” searching other stations and selecting these has the same result. I was able to manually add a station URL for BBC Radio4 and this is working http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_fourfm.m3u8

Same here. I had only 3, re-added them manually.

Same here in the UK - exactly like the morning immediately after the 1.8 release, in fact. All saved Live Radio stations are showing as “no longer exist”, and searching for Live Radio stations only shows up those which are “recently played”. Restarting the Core had no effect.

Ian Wilson
Cambridge, UK.

1 Like

Same for me - where is my breakfast BBC Radio 4? This was fixed after the 1.8 release problem, and was fine yesterday, but has gone wrong again today

2 Likes

With you there John - cannot do without the Today programme!

I can’t access any Live Radio stations. I have rebooted, but same problem.

Some of the radio station logos are there, but many are missing and for all stations when you select it Roon states Station unavailable Station no longer exists

Same for me - I’m in the UK and using 1.8 - everything was fine yesterday. I’ve tried signing out of Tidal and rebooting Roon but the problem is still there. It looks like the Live Radio browser page has disappeared.

Experienced the same here, My Live Radio worked fine yesterday… now nothing of it works… Getting more and more frustrated with all the bugs introduced with 1.8.
Multiple freeze issues of Roon app on iOS (yes yes - latest versions etc. etc.)
Multiple issues of Roon app (on Windows & iOS) not showing what is playing - it “get stuck” and displays something I played 3-4-5-6 tracks ago…
Getting closer to the people wanting 1.7 back, thank lord I didn’t introduce Roon to my beloved wife yet - she would have demanded “Spotify interface” back again immediately !

Same for us - 1.8 all up to date. In the UK.

Live radio was working fine yesterday.

No live radio available today - saved stations show as ‘Station Unavailable’ and no stations are available from search.

Have rebooted Core and no change.

Mine have gone too

Even those that still have an icon in the above screenshot.

Same here! It was working fine until yesterday, but today all radio stations have disappeared. What is going on?

All live radio stations are gone here too, and my live radio stations says “Station no longer exists”.
1.8 - Latest version

HI,
same thing here in France.

Same thing here - all radio stations gone. Error message states:

Station unavailable. Station no longer exists.

Has anyone raised a ticket for this?

Hold tight everyone :grinning:

Same here in London, UK. Loving release 1.8 but am starting to get frustrated with new niggles and issues that are appearing (this is the 2nd time live radio hasn’t worked since the release). We need to start seeing some improved stability.

Yes…

Yep me too. Roon app in Big Sur 11.2.1 - too many issues to mention right now. Hang in there Kenneth :smile: I haven’t told my wife about any of this. She seriously thinks I’m absolutely bonkers regarding hifi. In the kitchen, she takes enormous fun saying “Alexa, tell Paul he’s a fool! - now play BBC radio 6 - did you see what I just did there”. I kid you to not sigh…this will be all be worth the wait though.

1 Like