Lost all Roon playlists after installing latest version

After updating to the latest version of Roon all of my Roon playlists have disappeared. Playlists I created in Tidal are still there

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks for your reply. I am running an Antipodes K30 for the Roon music server and Roon player functions. The k30 is connected by USB to a dac in an SACD player. For internet connection the k30 is connected by ethernet to a wireless satellite that is part of a Netgear Orbi system.

I am using Tidal and more recently Qobus. At the time of the upgrade I had down loaded Tidal albums through Roon that also appear in Tidal and I has set up Tidal playlists through Roon that did not appear in Tidal.
I also have some ripped CD’s.

The music is stored on an SSD slide-in in the k30. There are 1300 tracks currently. Storage used is 108G of 915.9G.

Please let me know if there is any further information you need.

I think that I needed to remove myself as a user and set myself up again as part of the recent upgrade process and wonder if my playlists are attached to my original user set up.

Thanks again

Tony

Hey @Tony_Mason,

Thanks a whole lot for taking a moment to share a bit more about the setup and the issue you’re experiencing. It certainly helps :nerd_face:

I think that I needed to remove myself as a user and set myself up again as part of the recent upgrade process and wonder if my playlists are attached to my original user set up.

When you said the above, are you referring to your Roon account? It doesn’t look like it, but I wanted to make sure that it’s not the case (because playlists, alongside all data about the way you use Roon is account-specific: it can only be accessed on the account it was created).

Just to get things out of the way, do you by any chance have more than one Roon profile? Some playlists are private and only show up on the profile they were created on. You can switch profiles at the top right of the screen in Roon.

When you say that “all of your Roon playlists have disappeared”, you mean playlists created in Roon, correct?

Thanks Rebeka

I only have the one profile showing up in Roon. I was probably wrong about setting another profile up – maybe I just had to log back in under the original profile when I completed the recent Roon upgrade.

It is the playlists that I set up in Roon that have disappeared. Unfortunately I hadn’t been completing back ups – which I have now started doing !

Thanks for your help

Tony

1 Like