Lost almost all of my composition descriptions

is anybody else observing this? I have played around with Qobuz (i.e. I have tested an account) and have “removed” it again.
Now I’m missing most of the composition descriptions:

I found one example only, where I still got it:

That’s by no means a scientific analysis and the Qobuz sitch-on/switch-off could be just a coincidence, but I’m quite puzzled…

@support Any ideas?

Hi @Klaus_Kammerer1,

I’ve passed this info along to the team to investigate. I’ll be sure to update you once I’ve received feedback from them. We appreciate the report!

1 Like

Hi @Klaus_Kammerer1,

I spoke with the team about the status of their investigation and wanted to reach out to you.

First, can you confirm that you had a Qobuz version of this composition in your library when you were synced with Qobuz?

We were also hoping that you could send us the file here. Ideally, you can zip up the media and send me private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

Have you rebooted your roon server since noticing this?

Have you rebooted your roon server since noticing this?

yes - several times

I’m not sure I understand the question. The Qobuz albums I added to my library during that time had compositions on them that were in my library already.
However, I have lost composition descriptions for compositions that were not part of those Qobuz albums…

which file do you expect me to send?

This is the state of my composition descriptions at the moment: 35 out of 18K… depressing

Hi Klaus,

Are any of those compositions with no descriptions identified at all? That is have you lost the identification not just the description. I often get what you are seeing when the composition has not been identified but roon will group them together anyway as long as the composition strings are the same.

Hi Tony,

it’s only the description. The album identifications are still all there - about 85% of my albums. The descriptions just disappeared, but I am not sure which of my actions caused it. As I have stated, I had played around with Qobuz and noticed it afterwards. No idea whether this was the reason for it or something else…

I am using the Allmusic names in my file tags and I have composition set to “prefer file” in my library settings. Which gives me strange behaviour, too, as I described in this other post.

Ok. At least it’s not that. I’m finding a lot of Qobuz albums have no composer credits, no composition id, no composition grouping. They don’t even have composition titles. Just part titles. I thought it might be related somehow.

Hi @Klaus_Kammerer1,

Can you share a screenshot of your import settings when you go to Settings > Library > Import Settings?

@dylan

What I find very puzzling ( and have reported in another thread - but maybe it’s totally unrelated) is that although I have set my import settings to “prefer file”, the album editor keeps telling me otherwise for my imported albums…

Hi @Klaus_Kammerer1,

I met with the team to discuss this report and wanted to follow up with next steps.

Would you mind sharing one of the albums that’s experiencing this behavior with us?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

@dylan any news on this? My Roon looks so empty without the composition info…

@dylan

I have made the observation that single composition descriptions come back when I check “prefer Roon” for Composition/Part-Grouping for at least one identified album that has this composition.

To me it looks as if the global setting “Prefer File” for Composition/Part-Grouping is causing the disappearance. I have set this globally because my file-tags are much more consistent than the composition data I get from Roons Metadata, i.e. I need to correct a big lot of my albums when setting this to “prefer Roon”

Now I have a very consistent composition grouping but almost no composition metedata from Roon… Is this how it should work? I am using the exact composition names as are displayed in Allmusic.

Hi @Klaus_Kammerer1,

Can you set Prefer Roon for Composition / Part-Grouping in Settings | Library | Import Settings?

@dylan I did that already some time ago. The composition descriptions are appearing again when changing this setting.

If I keep it as “prefer Roon” I have to manually adjust lots of my albums for composition because of incorrect groupings coming from the Roon metadata. Since my tagging is consistent I prefer the info from my file tags.