Lost my audio devices since most recent update

Roon Core Device

2020 M1 Mac Mini

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Wifi to Schiit Gggdrasil gen5 GS out to Schiit Ragnarok 2.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Since I updated today I no longer have Explorer 2 or Schiit Yggy gen 5 as my audio devices.

Originally after I updated the Explorer 2 was there but not Schiit Yggy generation 5 DAC … I then quit Ronn and restarted now have neither WHY?

Hey @bobbmd,

Ben here with the support team, thanks for taking the time to write in, and I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with your audio devices.

In order to better understand your setup, we’ll need you to complete the initial setup details above. Be specific with your networking gear as well as provide any screenshots with the description of the issue.

Are you able to connect any endpoints to your core? Are you able to play audio from your system output? After reviewing your account, it does look like both the Meridian - Explorer² and Schiit Audio - Yggdrasil Gen 5 are active.

Let me know if you’re still running into issues here Robert :+1:

@benjamin hi thanks for reply for some reason only the Explorer 2 was enabled(with the new update) so I enabled the Yggy generation 5 and it came back BUT when I tried to play anything through the Yggy ROON just jumped or went from one song to another-- this happened once before with an update but I don’t remember how i remedied it
BTW Qobuz desktop app the TIDAL desktop app and Audirvana Studio work just fine.
I am trying to play a Qobuz playlist(I made)of 533 tracks "The Music of Harry Bosch-Copy with Grace Kelly also—this is a collaborative public playlist.
Should i just shut down the Mac and reopen it?

Hey @bobbmd,

Thanks for the update! I’m glad you were able to connect your endpoints. I’m also sorry to hear you’re having issues with playback!

You are spot on with the next steps here: please give a hard reboot to your endpoints, core, then router respectively. Reboot your router, then core, and endpoints, and see if you still run into issues.

If you do run into playback issues, please jot down the date and time of the dropout and share it our way. We’ll enable diagnostics on your account and try to pinpoint what might be happening at the time of the issue.

@benjamin thanks again for quick reply–did just regular shut-down and everything is normal there was no reason to do anything to my router or wifi or my equipment just happened with new update but all is fine now thanks
bobbmd

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.