Lost Qobuz connection

10-15 minutes ago, I lost all connectivity to Qobuz, either through Roon, or directly through Qobuz.

Hi @Neil_Russell,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Any change after a reboot?

Qobuz said… “Our services desactivated your Qobuz account [Private info removed by support] because you use a system (Roon?) who make a lot of calls and can damage our system.”. I assume that by “calls” they mean song requests. Well, yeah, isn’t that was Qobuz is meant to be, music on demand? Yes, I did play it constantly, and added what I liked to the Roon library. Roon should be very concerned that Qobuz is implying that the use of Roon might damage their system!! The thing that really bothers me is that Qobuz never once reached out to me, trying to ascertain if any problem(s) might be able to be resolved. I have never heard of any reputable company not making at least a couple of attempts to resolve potential problems. Hopefully Roon will try to do what they can to protect other Roon users.

Hi @Neil_Russell,

I have removed your personal email address because this forum is sometimes monitored by email spammers, best not to provide private information such as email/phone numbers in public.

Can you please send me this full email or a screenshot of it via private message (click my name -> message)? Do you have Qobuz integrated into any other services other than Roon?

Hey Neil,

I believe we heard from Qobuz about this issue from Qobuz on Friday and they told us your account had significantly more favorites than any other Roon customer in the world, and they were investigating what changes their technical team could make to ensure things performed properly for you, and didn’t cause general instability for Qobuz.

Obviously the integration between Roon + Qobuz was extensively tested before launch and is working for thousands of customers across the world, so for now I think we need to wait for the results of their investigation. I don’t know that there’s more we can do here in the interim, but we’ll keep an eye on this and I’m happy to follow up with them if needed.

I do know, for example, that TIDAL limits users to 10,000 favorites, so it’s possible Qobuz will need to implement a similar limit and update your library accordingly, but that’s just a guess – obviously I can’t speak to the work their technical team is doing.

Please let us know how things progress here, and we’ll do what we can to help.

Thanks!

Per Qobuz, this is irreversible, and permanent.

Hey Neil – we’ve pinged our contacts at Qobuz but have not heard back.

Unfortunately there’s not a lot we can do here. I’m surprised that Qobuz allowed your subscription to get into a state where things wouldn’t work, since our integration is tested and fully sanctioned by Qobuz, and they have worked to resolve issues like this in the past. I’m also surprised they haven’t given you an alternate way forward.

Ultimately we depend on Qobuz to provide a reliable, functional service to our shared customers, and our options are limited if things are not working on their end.

I’ll let you know if we hear back from them, and please let us know if there’s anything else we can do.

I have zero issues with Roon. It’s all on Qobuz.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.