Lost Roon Core connectivity after modem change

Roon Core Machine -

IOS on Apple IPad Pro for

Antipodes K50
Roon remote and iPhone 12 for Roon ARC control.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem
Orbi Router

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi,

I had Roon ARC working fine but when I installed a new modem, I lost connectivity with Arc.
My Router, Orbi, has not changed. How do I regain connectivity?

@larry_green, is this an ARC issue or did you lose access to your Roon Core across your home network also? Can you paste the ARC error message you are receiving in the Roon Settings → Roon ARC? Also, please provide as much information in the support categories as you can.

Roon core works fine at home with wifi
Modem - [ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem]
Router- Netgear Orbi
Server - Antipodes K50[quote=“Robert_F, post:2, topic:234879, full:true”]
@larry_green, is this an ARC issue or did you lose access to your Roon Core across your home network also? Can you paste the ARC error message you are receiving in the Roon Settings → Roon ARC? Also, please provide as much information in the support categories as you can.
[/quote]

Modem Arris Surfboard SB8200
Router Netgear Orbi
Dac - Bricasti M12
Tracks in library - 9638

Cannot connect to Roon core on arc outside of wifi. Previously worked fine until I changed my modem to the new Arris

Not sure where link to attach images are on this reply but on Roon,settings, Roon ARC, it shows “Not ready Roon ARC was unable to securely access your Roon Core”

You probably need to redo your port forwarding on the new modem/router.

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t need to use port forwarding with original modem. I reset port in Roon and now connects to core. I’ll have to check when outside in good cell signal area to test but should be good now

1 Like

You can turn off your phone WIFI and see if it will connect over cellular.

I don’t get good cell reception at home but took a drive and all good. Thanks for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.