Lots of albums suddenly appear split

Hi @mike,
First of all I saw the splitting happening on a Tidal album too, so that one has nothing to do with the way it’s stored in a file system.
The one from my local storage that I saw it happening “live” - All of the files are in the same folder, their names are in the format “[track number] - [track name]” and they have the same ARTIST and ALBUM tags.

If it wasn’t clear - these were albums that were fine, they weren’t split when they were first imported into the library, but then at some point they became split without any user action performed on them.

Regarding the ASIO shutdown problem - I had already started a different thread on the issue and also updated that it’s ASIO related - Roon.exe process does not end

Thanks @mike, I will send you a PM if I notice any other split albums.

Hi @mike,

I tried to download and install build 29. I restarted my mac mini and also my QNAP NAS. I still see the split albums.
Please tell me: (1) how can I check the build number and (2) what can I do further to get rid of the split albums.

Pieter dVR

@pieterdvr to see the build number go to the menu on the left -> settings, and then on the upper right hand side of the settings dialog click “about”. On the top it will say the version and the build you’re running.

I am using build 29 now, but all the split albums are still split. What can I do to get rid of all these split albums?

Pieter dVR

@mike, as I said I have installed build 29 but many of my albums are still split (>500). I see that there is created a directory ‘Artists’ on my NAS and for many artists a new directory is created with some tracks of the original album. The same tracks have disappeared from the original album.
I also have a split album that appears only in the non-Artists directory, but the tracks are threefold within this album.
What is the best way to handle these split albums:
1 wait until Roon does this automatically
2 combine them from within Roon (which method?)
3 combine them by moving tracks in the NAS (which method?)
4 make a new export from my Sooloos (about 1500 albums)

Pieter dVR

Hi @pieterdvr – how is your storage setup? It sounds like you’re using an organized folder?

And you have another copy of all your music in your Meridian system? Have you made any edits in Roon you want to preserve, or are you just trying to get your the tracks on all your albums grouped properly?

I want to make sure I understand your setup before I advise you on next steps.

Hi @mike,

I have my Sooloos (about 1500) albums in a Twinstore with 2x3Gb disks. Some of the Album details I have changed to get more consistent data. I want to use an exported set to run Roon as long as there is no authorised possibility to use my Sooloos albums in Roon. When Roon gives me the option to change Album metadata I should like to have one single set of albums to be used by Roon and Sooloos. So far I am happy to make changes in the Album details through Sooloos and it should be nice if these changes are exported to the Roon set as well.
For the export I use the native export option of Sooloos and the data are written to a directory in my QNAP TS451.
At the moment I have in that directory many artist subdirectories and the directories .sooloossyncdata, .tmp, ._.DS_Store and .DS_Store. Furthermore there is on the same level one directory called Artists. In that directory there are again many subdirectories with many of the same artists and mostly only some of the tracks of the other artists subdirectories.
I hope you understand my setup. I have not changed the organization of the folders myself and I do not need to preserve any of the changes made in the export (Roon) directory.

Pieter

Hi @pieterdvr – are your Sooloos exports added to Roon as a watched folder, or organized folder?

Hi @mike,

They are added to Roon as an organized folder.
It seems better to use watched folder when I start over again? I have a most classical collection.

Pieter

Yeah, that would be my recommendation for now. Export everything out of Sooloos and then watch that folder in Roon.

Hi @mike,

Yes it works now. I dropped all exported and later on distorted files. In 36 hours I made a new export from my 1300 Soloos albums in a directory on my QNAP. I had to make that directory accessible for my Mac mini. In Roon I could link that directory as a watched local file. Than Roon made a new set of metadata and there it went.
Thank you very much for your help.

Pieter

1 Like