Loud Garbled Noise

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus Core Version 1.0 (build 227) stable, OS Version 1.8 (build 756) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unifi LAN all devices wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ethernet from Nucleus through router to Lumin T2

Description Of Issue
Since updating to 1.8 I am getting loud bursts of garbled noise on Lumin T2. Mostly between songs, but recently will not even play back any content. Using Tidal and local library on internal storage in Nucleus. Reboot of Lumin and Core do not help. No issues to other Airplay end points.

Disable DSP engine.
Disable volume leveling.

Thanks. Both were already disabled. I do not use these features.

Please post a signal path screenshot when you hear noise.

Hi @david_white2

Are you still seeing issues here? If so can you share a screenshot of the Signal Path as suggested above?

Thanks!

Dylan,

Thanks for checking back in on this issue. It is sporadic and seems much less frequent. I’ve also been tied up at work and not listening as much as usual. So sorry signal path screenshot took a while, see attached. It seems that I get an error saying the connection is timing out when it happens. But my network is very robust and has over 100mbs throughput and everything is hard wired. So maybe an authentication or handshake issue somewhere.

Please test with local (i.e. not Tidal Qobuz) library.

It does not have an issue with local files. Seems to be most often when transitioning from one service to the other or when starting Roon radio after last playlist song. I had to disable that option to prevent it.

Hi David,
I have exactly the same issue with Qobuz & Roon. Local files work flawlessly. Roon Server runs on a linux box , with local files on a NAS. I never had this issues before trying out Qobuz. And it seems that it mainly happens, when the new song has a different bit rate (and more than 16 bits), but I have to investigate this.
I have three setups that are equally affected:
Ropieee with DSP for volume levelling
Linn Akurate with Kef LS50 wireless II (through Coax )
and the Kef directly

Have not tried Qobuz with the Kef app yet.

Any suggestion (beside rebooting) is very welcome
regards
Christian