Loud glitch during playback

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac 3 GHz 6-core i5, 32 GB RAM, Catalina 10.15.2; Roon v 1.7 (build 511)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

1 Gbps wired network, Plume router (plume.com), TP-link TL-SG105 switch, Cat 8 cable. The iMac, running Roon Core, is connected to the DAC through wired Ethernet via the switch. I have had no connectivity issues; e.g., I can stream 4k TV without any problems (I never do so at the same time as when I use Roon).

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MSB Premier DAC connected via Ethernet/Roon-ready Renderer module

Description Of Issue

Extremely loud glitch / impulse during playback of a DSD128 file local on iMac, also happened a couple of weeks ago when streaming from Qobuz; playback resumes afterwards. It’s not clear to me where there is an issue with the Roon playback or if it’s on the DAC side - hopefully the log file might reveal if there’s anything anomalous going on.

Link to log directory zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u68whd55sxytj2q/VladS.zip?dl=0

The dropout happened during playback of “Barokkanerne - Totally Telemann”, which is in the Roon_log.txt (the most recent log file). The file is fine - there are no issues when Roon plays it on the iMac’s System Output.

Thanks.

Hi @VladS,

Thank you for your report here. I have discussed this with the hardware team and we will attempt to reproduce your findings in the lab.

In case this issue is media-related, can I request that you upload this file to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and private message me a link (click my name -> message)?

Hello @VladS,

Using our in-house MSB Premier DAC, we were unable to reproduce any “pops” or “glitches” while switching between PCM and DSD content.

Given that we are not seeing this behavior on any other Roon Ready devices, this would suggest that this is occurring due an issue with the DAC or its network playback implementation.

I would suggest you reach out to the MSB support team with your report, we’re here to assist if needed.

-John

Thank you - your help is very much appreciated! I will work with MSB.

Best,

Vlad

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.