Verizon fios g1100 router-cat 5 hardwire to Nuc
Cat 5 hard wired to d link gs 108switch

Connected Audio Devices

d link to stack audio link via cat5
link to denefrips pontusll dac via aq usb
dac to hegel h390 over aq balanced interconnect

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Getting an occasional very loud buzz from both speakers that started after switching from using the links Volumio software to my new roon 1.8 software. The buzz can be stopped by pausing playback on the ipad then restarting. No dsp on zone is used at all.

Hey @Gerard_Piller,

First off, welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you here and look forward to helping you. I do apologize that it was an issue that prompted your initial post, though.

I have a few follow-up questions for you to better understand your setup.

1. Where does your Volumio come into play in your setup? If you can paint a clear picture of your setup route, that would be helpful!

2. Are you pausing playback prior to switching from Volumio to Roon?

3. To confirm, the buzz is occurring after the switch, when playing the first track in Roon? If you’re able to record a short video of the issue happening in real-time, that would be immensely helpful!

4. Do you have exclusive mode disabled in Volumio or Roon? Please double-check any sample rate switching or PCM conversion that may be taking place.

5. Does this buzzing occur from a specific endpoint? Or, does it happen from your system output as well?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :pray:

Sorry, new to Roon and not sure if this is even getting to you. I will try to be more clear in future. The Stack audio link streamer has Volumio as it’s proprietary and native streaming App. This is the first Link from stack. I used it for some year and a half and decided to try Roon. when I reprogramed the stack as a Roon end point recently, I started to get a loud buzz ocassionally that can be stopped by pausing playback in Roon then restarting. Volumio is no longer in the picture it is either uses Volumio as the default player or reprogram the the stack link as a roon renderer. I hope I am explaining this correctly as I am a novice at Streaming and Roon That other than this issue seems fantastic to me.

Hey @Gerard_Piller,

No worries at all! Thank you for the additional information.

Are you able to provide more details about your process here? Are you able to record a video of the buzzing issue to share?

1. Do you have exclusive mode disabled in Roon? Please double-check any sample rate switching or PCM conversion that may be taking place.

2. Does this buzzing occur from a specific endpoint? Or, does it happen from your system output as well?

If possible, please try restarting and refreshing network and router, followed by your Stack audio streamer, ending with a full reboot of Roon as well.

Thanks, Gerard!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.