Low signal path quality icon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MAC OSX, using Roon with Tidal, build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

LUMEN D2 ethernet cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

controlling from mac book.

Description Of Issue

all my music says shows “low signal path quality”, is this a setting issue?

Hi. This can have many reasons. Could you please post a screenshot of that signal path? That should help clarify the issue.

Tidal’s AAC stream is a lossy format (320kbps), and, while they market this as high quality, it’s seen as low quality by Roon as it isn’t a lossless format.

The quality of the Tidal stream can be set in -> Settings -> Services -> Tidal.

I have similar problem with low quality. I have serched for stream quality setings inside tidal but I have only two options for my stream quality, normal and high.

There are two subscriptions for Tidal - Tidal Premium and Tidal HiFi (more expensive). The options in the dropdown menu might reflect your plan. You need HiFi to get Redbook and Master quality.

1 Like

This is very helpful. But I went into Tidal and upgraded my subscription, I was then able to see and select everything you show above. I looked out of Roon and back in several times but I still have the same problem. Any other advice?

That particular album may only be available in aac on Tidal, there are a few. Have you tried a different album?

yes, and the tidal app says it is playing in Master quality when i play from that app but when I play from Roon it say low signal quality on every album and song I’ve tried.

If in doubt, restart your Roon Core and try again.

I got it! I disconnected tidal from roon and then logged back in there. all in sync now.:slight_smile: thank you!

2 Likes

Great. Enjoy!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.