LS50 - Lost Control of Device & Core disconnects

Disaster? No I don’t think so. Irritating & annoying I would say. I think Roon should do something about it because it didn’t have these problems before the last two major updates or at least make a phone-call to KEF to discuss how both companies can work together to solve this problem. Formation Duo’s?.. not my favourite eye-catcher. I am focussed on the Dutch&Dutch 8c active speakers. They have Roon integrated which makes them function as a Roon Core. The only thing that stands in the way is the price.

Despite my efforts: Roon stopped playing again after a few hours.

Unfortunately those problems has been an ongoing problem for more than 2 years, and so fare the roon staff has not made any progress in solving these issues.
For my point, the most annoying is that the Roon support team sound surprised every time this problem is raised in the forum. So please support team start working with Kef to solve this ongoing problem an let all the Kef users have a 2020 whit music and not “lost control” message.
Perhaps the support team should start looking at the fragility transport protocol in Roon, this will solve problems for many users of network connected endpoints.

3 Likes

Thanks for your support. I agree completely.

Could not agree more. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello All,

I have been discussing these reports with the technical team. We currently have an investigation ticket open regarding these issues and I have added your reports to the ticket. Once there’s been any progress or additional questions regarding the investigation I will update this thread accordingly. Thanks in advance for your patience here during this ongoing investigation.

Thanks Noris,
Hope to hear from you soon.

16 dagens hope we get some news soom

Very strange phenomenon: since I change the name of the speaker 2 weeks ago in the Kef Control app, they now work perfectly wireless. No loose of connection or whatsoever. Nothing was changed within the network.

Hi @noris any update from the investigation ticket? I’ve been having the same issue with my LS50s and Roon losing control of the audio device.

1 Like

+1 for this issue as well.

Good luck, I’ve been waiting for a fix for almost 7 months now.

A few days ago I got a ‘Roon lost control’ message. First time in 9 months of joyful Rooning with my Kef LSXs. I’m now connected via Airplay, which is not my preference. Two annoying things are that a. it happened out of the blue and b. I’d hoped to find a solution by coming to these forums. Wondering about doing a factory reset today having rebooted, reset, shut down etc etc ad infinitum for the last few days.

Norris,
Lost connection with you. What can you tell us since your request at KEF HQ. My LS50’s still keep on losing connection.

Hi @RJ_V,

You have our apologies for the continued troubles here. We don’t have any updates that we can provide at this time. While we continue to monitor the situation, we recommend further troubleshooting with the team at KEF.

Hello Noris,
Mmm. You know, as well as I do, that the key to the solution is a well coordinated investigation done by Roon & KEF and not an individual request like mine.
Hope a process like that is already in progress.
Kind regards,
Rob

3 Likes

Still having the same issues. “Roon lost control of the audio device”. Went through the whole process again and the problem stayed.

• Probably the LS50 wireless owners are not important enough for Roon. -
    Very very disappointing especially when I read all the threads, according this problem, again.
    No kind regards,
    Rob

Since I use Roon Rock the problem is over. Not once Roon has lost control since.

Thnx for your reply but what you suggest is not an answer on my questions about the functionality of Roon.

Hello Norris,
What about the Kef LS50W II. When will they work within Roon?

Kind regards,
Rob