LS50 wireless Roon lost connection to audio device

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10/i5, 16gb/Roon 1.7 build511 32 bit
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

COMPAL CH7465LG router/wifi 5ghz

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

KEF LS50W OVER WIFI, forced connection to 5ghz as recommended by KEF

Description Of Issue

“Roon lost control of audio device” error occurs after few seconds of playback. Sometimes restarting playback manually is possible, but it also goes dead and resuming playback is only possible after a restart of either Roon core or LS50w. Then the error occurs again, I restart, etc
Sometimes playback just stops with playback button appearing to play but music not playing and progress bar not moving.

It took several restart of LS50, Roon core, computer to allow normal playback without interruptions; now it seems to work fine for the last 30 minutes.
yesterday it worked perfectly fine for 12 hours in the same setup.

Still expecting Roon support to have a look at this as it is not a solved issue. The interruptions still happen at random intervals requiring re-start of either speakers or Roon server. I expect this is a Roon+Kef issue, I would like some feedback from Roon before I contact Kef.
Thank you

Hi @DanMtsn,

Can you please note the exact local time + date + track when this behavior next occurs?

As a test, can you please confirm if the same behavior occurs via USB or if this issue is only limited via the network input?

This occurs only on WiFi. I will take a note of track and time and let you know. But when it happens, it happens on any track.

Here also, still a problem!
Only via Wi-fi and ethernet… via usb it works perfectly, however via usb you can’t change the volume, you have to use the kef app.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.