LS50W Playback + UI Freezes

Hey Dylan. So this exact issue just popped up on me after the 1.8 update. I’m on a Linksys ea8500 and as sa3008 switch. Core is on a i7 win 10 laptop, everything is wired including ls50w. Just as above any quick track seeking and roon looses control of audio device. Doesn’t always happen but it can happen with tidal or local tracks. Noticed that the core won’t let me click anything but it’s not “not responding” according to windows. Also sometimes it will disconnect the ls50s but they will eventually reconnect and sometimes not. Never had this before(had roon for about a year now). Is there a more relevant place to ask/ discuss?

Hello @Martin_Zupancic ,

Can you please verify if a fresh Roon database also exhibits this issue?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

Do you notice it occur on the Airplay input to the LS50s as well?

Hi Noris thanks for the reply.

I did as instructed but after the fresh setup I experienced the same: after seeking around a bit roon won’t play, seeking after this can lead to track playing for a split second sometimes, skipping tracks will sometimes do the same also but will stay at 0:00, after like 15-30 seconds the pause button will reset to play and it will stay like that. If I change albums it will start playing sometimes or I will have to try a different artist. Really weird, feels like in overflowing some buffer when I try to force it when I seek very quickly. But then it will happen when I go to seek once after normal listening. Also I’m pretty sure it happened on its own once when the music stopped mid album.

I don’t have airplay but i can seek and skip as much as i want in the kef stream app, no issues.

Let me know what I can do to help you guys out!

Just an update. I went back to my original method of play using my oppo 205 as USB dac for roon and I don’t get the problem at all. The seeking is also instant compared to playing direct to ls50s. So I’m assuming this is an issue with Kefs integration? I would still be interested in a fix for this for future use without the oppo.