LSX LS50W or LS50W2

Understood. For me, this is in the living room, so not an ideal location for anything other than the speakers and Kube 12b sub. I figure it’s worth the IIs for future possible use of the functions you’re not using right now, but also understand the appeal of separates.

Absolutely agree with the size remark, as I have a pair of ls50 wII in my Main listening room. I would Not Want them on my desk. Concerning roon Integration: you have to configure Google Home to make the Kefs Work. I spent some time configuring WiFi, but they are well Worth IT. After 2 weeks of intensive listening I find Them at least equal to my Linn Akurate & Cyrus AMP & Audio physics Step25! But the rooms are very different in size, so this might Play a bigger Part. No problems with roon Integration at all ! (If you can live With the Error Message in Audio Setup that the Kefs are not supported directly).

1 Like

I have a pair of LSX’s and a pair of LS50W2’s and use Roon.

In a small(ish) space the LSX’s are a true bargain. I bought mine as refurbs and they have worked flawlessly for the past two years. Cost me something like $800.

1 Like

Small note on desk space. They do take space but thought I’d go a buy a set of Kef S2 stands ant put the speakers behind my desk, before the wall. Until I noticed how short most speakers stands are (the Kef in particular) and would have them half hidden behind the desk !

Well longer than I expected. Decided to reorganize my office before committing to replacing the pair of Sonos one SLs. Yes I did buy a second around the time I stared this thread. 2 in stereo was a lot better than a single.

It is early on, and new gear day is always iffy to make broad statements…but…

Less than 3 minutes after plugging in I was queuing up and playing some well known favorites. Darn good at any size but quite impressive given the size. More “testing” is in order. Not sure how much work will get done tomorrow.

I did that exact same upgrade and I’m glad I did. Hope you enjoy!

1 Like

Hey RPlace,

I have owned all three of the KEF products you are thinking about. I owned the LSX for 2 weeks before jumping up to the original LS50 W gen. 1. Comparing the two the sound winner was unsurprisingly the LS50’s. Reach much lower and more open sounding than the LSX. The LSX however excel at being near field monitors as well as take up much less space. I ordered the LS50W 2 speakers almost as soon as they were available. Comparing the LS50 W vs. the LS50W II left me thinking that there was a larger difference between the 2 than what John Darko thought during his review. They were much smoother around the top than the gen 1’s ever thought about being. And the UX is hands down light years ahead of the gen. 1 stuff.

I also am using a KC62 sub that I just received after ordering in June. I am very pleased with this combo and used the LS50 W II for just over a year without the sub and I was still very pleased with the just the pair of speakers.

The only issues I have have over the last 13 months that I have owned them has been a couple times of modem power cycling that solved the issue.

Your mileage may very of course but I figured I would throw my 2 cents in here.