Lumin P1 Mini - It’s in the wild now and it Rocks 😎

$5270 approximately…

1 Like

USD or UK£ ? And including what tax/vat rate?

The price should be identical to T3 pricing, so if you can find that in your country, it should be the same.

1 Like

USD (converted from £) - I’ve no idea what US tax rates are…

Wishing AMP MINI, please!

Would not a lumin bridge and a Chord DAC be better than this?
The chord DAC is better than Lumin.
I dont know the price of this p1 but for around £3k, maybe slightly more you will get a better system.
The DAC does all the work anyway and chord make probably the finest DACS in the world. And still made in the UK. Not farmed out to cheap eastern labour.

Lumin built-in DAC does not need to convert DSD to PCM or perform decimation for DSD playback.

whats that mean in the real world? I haven’t a clue

In reality how many people can discern any difference between DSD and PCM?

The vast majority of the audio spectrum of any DAC is totally inaudible to the human ear
So its how they process the information of the audio spectrum humans can perceive that matters. Processing audio that is beyond human perception is totally useless in the real world
I do have lumin and chord products.

Not anyone (include me) will agree with you, that the Dave is the best DAC in the world.
On the one side a roon ready system with an included DAC like the P1/P1 mini, T3 or X1 is a trouble free solution for Roon.
On the other side there are a lot of arguments to use a DAC, which handles DSD without any filters together with HQPlayer (I prefer here the the Holo Audio May) also with PCM sources.

in my view DACS like the Dave at over £10 grand are a waste of money.
You are buying a product that produces audio that where the vast majority is useless.
Hifi gets the the point of diminishing returns where what you buy serves no purpose.
Chord do the M scaler that does abosolutely nothing useful and audible.
Is a 20 grand speaker actually discernibly better than a 5 grand pair.
I have listened to a massive 50 grand pair and compared to a pair of neats apart from around a 47 grand price difference and bragging rights there wasn’t much difference.
Much of really high end hifi is about snobbery.
I have read on USA sites where many don’t like chord products because they are too discrete.
“how will visitors know its there.”
That sums up much of high end hifi for me.
I am looking at a pair of veru expensive BW speakers next year but i really dont know if thats just my hi-fi addiction wanting them or if they will serve any real purpose in the real world

Hello all, @wklie

I am planning to upgrade my U1 mini to this P1 mini, except that I am not entirely sure if it will fit my bookshelf. What I need to know is if the 31,4cm depth of the unit includes the volume and input knobs or not. And, because of some sturdy powercord, what the depth of the recess of the connector backpanel is, compared to the metal “overhang”.
Looking forward to your insights,

Peter

Yes, including the knobs and the metal overhang. Please note that P1 Mini (despite the name) is wider, taller and deeper than U1 Mini.

Exactly why I asked! Thanks for your fast reply!
Much appreciated.

The rear overhang is 24mm. The power connector protrudes slightly from this - up to 4.8mm, so the effective overhang in that area is only 19.2mm

1 Like

My P1 mini arrived yesterday, now just working through the connectivity options & settings…looks better (imho) than the curved case designs…

2 Likes

Got my P1 mini finally today. In Black, super sexy imho.

But have some questions on DSD support

Does the DSD stream pass through as 1bit direct or is it resampled internally? @wklie this is via roon or via usb direct from HQPlayer PC

171gms weight for the remote. Solid!

3 Likes

For Analog output, unless you changed the Lumin default settings or Roon DSP Engine settings, DSD is passed through raw to dual ES9028PRO.

Ok….

On a positive note the timeout works on the #IDLEUSBOFF1 I think is working well too

Are there any filters that can be selected in the DAC section?

https://www.highfidelity.pl/@main-1392&lang=en

A little disappointed the analogue in is converted to pcm192 digital but I guess it’s a requirement for the leedh processing and likewise the dsd according to the above article - maybe that could be clarified?

I wish the magazines sent their reviews to me (not only the distributor or our marketing team) for technical check first.

Lumin P-series analog input is indeed digitized to 192kHz. I’m fairly certain I have stated it in public before, although it is difficult to gather information in a forum format.

Contrary to what the review said, in our current product line Lumin DSD analog output is always processed by ES9028PRO (or ES9038PRO in X1) without decimation or conversion to PCM first, regardless of what type of volume control is used. I have made a proprietary Leedh implementation that does true DSD in ESS. Applying the knowledge of standard Leedh algorithm will result in a wrong conclusion for the Lumin analog output.

Lumin DSD digital output will be converted to PCM if you enable volume control - I think this is where the confusion originated from.

1 Like