Lumin Roon Only Mode / Esoteric TEAC RAAT Mode

My D1 is the same…playing at 8 but display says 100 this one also non roon only mode

Indeed. Also, Tidal and Qobuz disabled. Only service enabled is Roon.

Firmware fix for D1 D2 sent to those who experienced this front panel display bug. It does not affect the sound output.

This bug is not present on X1 P1 T3 T2 U2Mini U1 U1Mini M1.

2 Likes

Released. (Not for unaffected models).

3 Likes

Thanks Peter seems to be working on the D2 now and I’ll check the D1 in a while too

1 Like

I just made the switch to #ROONONLY on my Lumin U2 Mini. It worked quickly and exactly as described.

BUT… I just realized it also disabled the DSD playback and limited USB output to 32/192. This is a known issue with the Leedh volume control being turned on that I had forgotten about since I’ve been using the Lumin app exclusively. That was actually the main reason I switched to the Lumin app.

So I will be switching back to normal mode, and will continue to use the Lumin app until there’s another way forward.

Does anyone know if there will be any future update or workaround to enable higher resolution and DSD playback via the Leedh control?

For Lumin digital output, no.

Lumin analog output handles volume-controlled DSD without forcing conversion to PCM.

1 Like

Thanks, Peter. Since the U2 Mini is only a transport to my Lampi DAC, I’ve got no analog out option.

It’s fantastic that you are doing so much to make capabilities and options available to all of the Lumin community, along with great forum presence and support. It’s more rare than common unfortunately, and it’s appreciated even if I can’t use the #ROONONLY option right now. Thank you.

UPDATE: I’m back to “normal” mode using the Lumin app to control everything, and it’s definitely preferred from a SQ perspective. I did some listening through the #ROONONLY setup for a couple hours, and while better than before, it still managed to sound a little compressed and veiled compared to the Lumin app. Very very happy with the SQ from the Lumin app, I’ll just have to get used to the interface.

5 Likes

Firmware 15.3 does not change anything related to Roon Only mode.

2 Likes

Interesting to hear. Any chance @wklie to further tweak SQ performance for ROON in the next release? And getting on par with the mentioned performance of LUMIN app?

2 Likes

Anything that can be done has been done.

2 Likes

Does the M1 support Roon only mode?

Yes, all Lumin streamer models do.

However, since Lumin app can no longer be used in Roon Only mode, the only way to switch the M1 input to the USB-RCA adapter is to standby and wakeup the M1, or unplug and reconnect the adapter.

1 Like

How do I put it in this mode? I cant see it in the app.

Please read post #1

2 Likes

I use Roon exclusively on my U2 Mini, I do kind of rely on the screen for seeing what the play state is. Still i may try it. I’ve reset my Mini before.

Does the infared remote still work in ROONONLY?

Also, did i see someone post about being able to shut off other outputs? I use USB only.

1 Like

Had the opportunity to try the RAAT Mode on this beauty (Esoteric N-03T) in my setup.
The streaming engine and app support is Lumïn but the surrounding hardware is, obviously, Esoteric.
I did prefer Roon Mode when used as a Roon Endpoint, but the device works very well and sounds as good when used as an OpenHome renderer in Normal Mode. Good job @wklie and Lumïn crew!

4 Likes

Yes

If necessary, please turn them off before you turn it into Roon Only mode.

1 Like

I don’t see how to do that in the Lumin app. Where are these settings?/

In Lumin app settings for U2 Mini, please find Digital Audio Output.

2 Likes