Lumin Roon Only Mode / Esoteric TEAC RAAT Mode

Not really hearing a difference to the “normal” mode with disabled services.
What for me makes a really change is using DSD512 (resampled in Roon or native).

But try itself, it’s not a big act to change to the Roon mode and back.

1 Like

I went ahead and enabled the Roon only mode and it does seem to be quieter (lower noise floor) with bass more pronounced. I will keep it for now ! Thanks, N

3 Likes

Hi, I just switched to #ROONONLY with my Lumin T2 with sbooster LPS. Thanks in advance for pm. Nadine

2 Likes

Could you PM me as well please, - am switching to roononly mode. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Peter,
What a great feature! I optimized already my network with e.g. Melco S100, fibre connection to Lumin X1, linear power, iFi LAN iSilencer but this #ROONONLY switch is mind blowing and brings the music to the next level. Keep ongoing with all this good work!
Best regards from Switzerland, Michel.

5 Likes

Hi - After many many months I have switched back to Lumin mode, and the firmware upgraded from 15.x to 16.0d. Did the RAAT version change? It is currently 1.1.39. ty

1 Like

RAAT version has not changed.

2 Likes

For my Lumin 2 I’m back to “ROONONLY”, display off, unused outputs off, ethernet indicator light disabled. This is a very clear sonic improvement vs not using ROONONLY mode with my Lumin 2 in my system now with firmware 16d. Not even close. Much less digital sounding, and more tuneful/musical.

My signal path is Roon Nucleus Plus to ethernet to ethernet switch (featuring optical output) to Corning optical fiber to Lumin 2 optical network input then with XLR AES connection to my DENAFRIPS Terminator Plus (12th Anniversary Edition) DAC then to my preamp/headamp via an XLR balanced stereo connection.

I hope some of you find that helpful.

Kurt

9 Likes

Just switched my LUMIN D2 to roon only mode on my headphone setup. Seemed to be a noticeable improvement.

1 Like

@wklie Has there been an update to ROONONLY mode? Or intending to do so?

Maybe later.

4 Likes

Hi Peter,

Was the latest release merely for the iOS and iPad Lumin apps or was it also for the Lumin hardware firmware as well? Are we still at 16d?

Thx,

Kurt

1 Like

Apps are updated. Firmware is at 16.0d

1 Like

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that. I will be on the lookout for the update to #ROONONLY

Kurt

2 Likes

I guess many :slight_smile:
@wklie We keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

Also (using a T2) didn’t get a PM yet

1 Like

I’m using U2 mini. Waiting for pm. Thanks.

1 Like

Did you hear about an update to ROONONLY? Maybe @wklie can share some news.

Hello,
Just got an N-01XD and was able to put it in RAAT mode. However, now I cannot get it back to norm. Any ideas?

For N-01XD, you need to have I/F Firmware 3.00a installed, and NET firmware 16.0d. Power cycle it, then use the front panel menu to turn off RAAT mode.

This is an extract of manual P.19:

Switching back to normal mode from RAAT mode
1 Select Showing firmware versions (F/W ver.) in Settings 2, and show NET.
2 Press and hold the > setting adjustment button on the unit.
NETM ; NORM will blink.
3 Press and hold the > setting adjustment button on the unit again.
This disables RAAT mode, reactivates normal mode and automatically restarts the unit’s network player program. After restarting, OpenHome and other services will be usable

1 Like