Lumin supports Tidal Connect

Those with a Lumin X1 / T2 / U1 / U1 MINI and a Tidal subscription, and would like to beta test Lumin Tidal Connect, please let me know. I hope to have a beta firmware ready by early July.

I regret to say that other Lumin models have a platform limitation and therefore cannot run Tidal Connect for now.

Hi Peter,
Please sign me up.
Thanks

1 Like

Wah that’s a bummer not for the D1&D2 oh well I only play tidal via roon so not the end of the world.

For now…that leaves some hope I guess :grinning:

Peter, I’m in.

1 Like

If you are still looking for people, I’d like to help

1 Like

Peter, I’d like to try the beta firmware.

1 Like

can I have one too please for my Lumin T2

1 Like

Hi Peter,
Lumin X1 here. Would be happy to be on the beta test group if needed.

1 Like

@wklie I have first findings from playing with the beta version. Do you want them via PM or posted here, so the others can see them, too?

For beta bugs, please PM.

A new beta is sent, and some reported bugs have been fixed.

In addition, some change is made to Roon RAAT playback. Please see if the SQ is any different.

1 Like

Hi Peter,

I am not interested in Tidal but happy to take a listen into the RAAT changes.

1 Like

@Peter so there could be updates for the RAAT side of things in the other Lumin products too like D1/D2?

Yes sure, but I’ll need to test that for different models.

Hi Peter,

It works well on my U1, and it sounds fantastic, silky smooth analog like. I have to admit I did not A/B and Roon updated as well over night. But so far not a single thought moving back to 13.4a

1 Like

As I have 2 x D1, I can test on one and A/B if needed…as always listening results are subjective but its worth doing still. Maybe the D2 will show even better results who knows. As always happy to beta test anything.

Prepared and sent to you.

1 Like

I am under the impression that imaging and separation has improved, was hesitant to say at first but I have now thought that multiple times on various different recordings.

1 Like

Great! Which output of U1 are you using (USB, AES, etc.), and what DAC is it?

Hi Peter,

I am using S/PDIF/BNC->2*Mutec MC3-+ with REF10 120/Mola Mola Tambaqui for Headphone

S/PDIF/BNC->1*Mutec MC3-+ with REF10 120/Genelec as Speaker setup

I have noticed it on both, so I’d call it an improvement.

Best, Martin

1 Like