Lumin supports Tidal Connect

You dont use the Tambaqui network connected?

No I don‘t

To clarify in case anyone is wondering, the beta RAAT changes mentioned here are my proprietary modification, not a new RAAT release.

3 Likes

Just listening to:

Easy Healing, not only that it sounds just wonderful, it is easy to feel the moods so positive forward looking with ease and joy.

The new Roon version and the Lumin beta got introduced the same day, but I’d attribute the positive changes to the Lumin beta, well done!

3 Likes

Status update:
Tidal Connect is fully functional for Lumin X1 / T2 / U1 (MINI) at production quality. We are waiting for Tidal feedback and other administrative stuff before public release.

3 Likes

Will you keep the RAAT changes in the production version?

Yes, sure.

2 Likes

Please include me, if possible!

Thanks to everyone’s support, our Tidal Connect certification is proceeding exceedingly well.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m currently on the U1 Mini and looking to upgrade to an U1. I would like to be on your beta test for Tidal Connect. Thank you!

The official firmware will be released soon. Thanks.

Lumin is Tidal Connect certified.

Official Lumin firmware 14 is released to support Tidal Connect for models X1 T2 U1 U1MINI.

Those who were running the beta firmware should have received instructions from me about upgrading to official firmware. If not, please PM me.

6 Likes

For those who heard a difference between Tidal Connect and Tidal via Lumin app, please kill / force stop the Tidal app after starting playback. See if the SQ improves, and let me know.

Killing the Tidal app will not affect your Tidal Connect play queue because it’s in the cloud.

Hi Peter! Tidal Connect works great. And why is the autoplay mode not supported via Tidal Connect?

Looks like a limitation of Tidal Connect:

1 Like

Peter…'Lumin is ‘Tidal Connect certified’…how do the X1 owners avail ourselves of the new release…?

Hello Peter, Lumin U1 - not able to get a prompt for firmware update (current still 13.4a)

Please kill and relaunch Lumin app. If not getting an upgrade prompt, please turn off Firmware Upgrade, then turn it back on.

Hello Peter, I tried a lot different things yesterday - nothing worked

1. factory reset
  2. switch off power supply - wait ~1 minute
  3. reinstall Android and iOS apps
  4. restart network, restart ROON
  5. switch off/on ‘‘automatic firmware update’’
  6. tried above with disconnected USB cable (I connect DAC via USB)

However, this morning Android App picked up 14a firmware - and upgrade was successful.

br, P.

I got Tidal confirmation that this is currently a known limitation with Tidal Connect.

2 Likes