Lumin T2 not playing MQA in Roon after recent Lumin update

So you have confirmed the source of the problem, and know who you need to talk to. Not Roon Labs. I will continue to help you although there is nothing I can do with a device from another manufacturer.

This is normal. Dragonfly is a MQA renderer. It has to be set to Renderer Only. If all devices of yours work correctly as Renderer only, this will be solved.

I am on it with Bluesound, thank you for your help. You have been great!

Bluesound is definitely the issue, not much help from them. I may try to do something different with this zone and get bluesound out of my network. One last question, do you reccomend setting the T2 to Renderer only in Roon for the best sound?

Yes, but only if all your other devices can cope with that setting if you require grouping them.

good to know, thats what I will shoot for. It also sounds fine in “decoder and renderer” which seems to work. . I think if I get Bluesound out of my network, all will work well at least thats my hope. The T2 is such an amazing streamer that less is better in my system. Good files even basic flac sound amazing, no upscaling or any DSP.

1 Like

Peter, this is just a question. I now have two Lumin Streamers. I have had my T2 connected directly into my amp which has worked fine but I would like to explore a preamp that does not have a DAC and will not mess with the sound of the Streamer. I need it to connect subs and be able to control balance between speakers as both of these have been a challenge without a preamp. Do you have any suggestions on preamps you have found work well with Lumin? Thanks, Tom Bacon

I don’t have any preamp recommendation. Before purchasing a preamp, try using Roon DSP Engine for balance control first: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/dsp-engine-speaker-setup

I use REL subwoofer because it has high level input for stereo music (note: may not be suitable for class D amp).

Most subs have a cut-off freq and also have a gain control. You could try with a Y cable split (if the sub and amp are the same) from the T2 RCA/XLR perhaps, unless you only have one sub - it might have L&R inputs tho. Balance per Peters DSP suggestion.

Getting a pre that has both Balance and Bass Management might limit your search.

Thanks ,Peter, do RELs connect into the speakers? I have two Martin Logan subs I really have not been using. If I am using the xlr outputs for the T2, can i connect the subs into the RCA jacks?

Yes, the recommended way is to use its high level input (connected to the amplifier or speaker). It also has a low level input.

If it has a high level input, you may try it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.